We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals varadero tips

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals varadero tips

We had originally booked a trip to riu varadero but after reading too many not so positive reviews decided to pay way too much to switch to sandals. After paying all the cancellation and switching fees we really want to make sure we have a positive experience :) we have booked just a regular package, does anyone have any tips as to good rooms to request? A good contact? Or just any general positive sandals knowledge? :) thanks!! We're so excited!!!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals varadero tips

I would contact WindsorTraveller, They know the property really well!

Try this email as a contact..

rrpp@sandals.cyt.cu

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
837 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals varadero tips

I've always requested room 1113 when I was there.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals varadero tips

Awesome! Thanks! How do I contact windsortravel? I'm new to this forum thing haha

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals varadero tips

Through PM..

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/WindsorTravel…

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals varadero tips

Recommend that you upgrade to Concierge if you can...You'll get hassle-free bookings for the a la carte restaurants, a minibar, re-stocked daily, and a Concierge cocktail party....

Any specific questions, please feel free to Pm me, we've been three times, planning our fourth trip,14 days each time, got married there 9 years ago.

ATB,J.

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals varadero tips

I would never cancel and rebook based on reviews alone, "one person's castle is another person's dumpster", to paraphrase.

I am sure you will have a postitive and wonderful time at Sandals Royal Hicacos; we have been there every year since it opened and have spent over 275 nights there. We are going again in April for 3+ weeks.

Any room is good, however, if you are not satisfied with the room assigned to you you can always go to the front desk and they will try to find you another to your liking.

Sandals has the highest percentage of returning guests in Cuba, and the reasons for it are mostly the staff, who are great, and the food, which is gourmet standard for Cuba. All the rooms have the same layout, and there is a huge swimming pool in the centre of the resort with two quieter smaller pools at each end. As well, the beach is one of the best, with nice white sand and no obstacles to walking a long ways in either direction.

Make sure you figure out what special nights are when and attend the ones you really like. It used to be Tuesday was lobster night in the buffet but it may have changed.

Put a review up yourself after your trip to let us know what you think.

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals varadero tips

I agree with with windsor traveller would never change a flight on reviews, but a great choice with Sandals. we just got back a week ago for the second time but 6 to Varadero. Will only go to Sandals now, the staff is really good there, from the lobby bar to the pool bar. The waiter at the buffet will help you with anything you need from a taxi to any info you need, his name is Alcides just tell him Paul referred him and he will be happy to help you. I feel the Italian a la carte is the best there the next one is Caribe after that the buffet is alway good there. Hope this helps you Andre M164914

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals varadero tips

That's great, thanks for the help :) was also wondering if you know much about the concierge rooms, we weren't planning in getting it as we are trying to save a bit and were more beach people so not in the room much anyways! Is there anything different about the rooms? Or just the drinks?

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals varadero tips

Sandals Royal Hicacos Concierge service includes the following exclusive services:

-Express check-in facilities

-Fully stocked in-room bar replenished daily

-Services of the concierge staff (5) for any questions or concerns

-Priority al a carte restaurant reservations

-Concierge guest only cocktail party and entertainment

-Unlimited al a carte restaurant reservations

-Continental breakfast delivered to your room

-Twice daily room service from your maid including towels and turn-down service

-ipad or iphone charger radio in room

-15% discount on all spa services

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
887 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals varadero tips

We always use concierge service. The staff are absolutely wonderful and very helpful.

Also, depending on when you will be at the resort...it is great to have the concierge staff book the a la carte reservations for you.

During the busy season it is more likely that you willl get the a la carte you want/on the evening you prefer/ if you are in concierge.

Cheers!

Pam