We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Veradero?Beach

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
280 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Blau Veradero?Beach

Is this beach soft sand or rough sand?Also can I snorkel anywhere on this beach?

S B
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Veradero?Beach

See Blau rollcall feb 4 and questions...

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
580 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Veradero?Beach

Soft is the best way to describe the sand I guess(flea heaven that's for sure). You can snorkel off the beach just avoiding the marked boat lane. Hardly any motorized traffic so very little chance of getting some prop rash, just the hobies coming in & out. You need to go a way to find much to see though. I did see a few fish but the sea bed is bare. In an hour I saw one small conch shell at about 3ms deep but it grew legs so I put it back. I doubt the occupant was thinking mi casa es su casa or wanting to live in England on my sideboard.

You can get fins, mask & snorkel from the dive hut for for one hour a day for free. Fins were OK but mask & tube dated & very worn.

The beachies do run hobie trips to the reef for some snorkelling. I gather there is a lot to see there but they charge 20cuc for the privilege (all inclusive my a**e!)

Edited: 22 January 2013, 17:48
3. Re: Blau Veradero?Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:19