We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending mail or packages to Varadero

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
sending mail or packages to Varadero

I read on another post on this forum (from Mardi) recommending fastmail.com to send letters. Mardi if you are there, or anyone, what is your recommendation for sending regular letters (not to a loved one, but to new friends who do not have e-mail) and for sending books (novels)? Do you know how long it takes by regular mail and have you experienced letters or packages not reaching thier destination in Varadero? Mardi, do you always use fastmail.com or giftstocuba.com? Any advice would be helpful as this is new to me. Thanks!

montreal
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Do not send anything by regular mail they will never get it if you know anyone who is going to Cuba give it to them to deliver that's what I do. if you need any more info you could write to me at annieptj@hotmail.com

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Anna Brisas,

Thanks - yeah we took letters and a package with us to deliver when we went the last week of April, but the problem I'm findiing is that I can't find anyone around here going to Varadero anytime soon. Seems we were the last of the travel season.

bowmanville, ontario
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

I would also like to know how to send packages to Cuba. The bartender where we were is expecting his first child (wife is) very soon and I would like to send some baby clothes. I have his address but I don't know if he will get them.

Thanks

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Is there anyone who can comment on fastmail.com or gifts to cuba? When I try the site that Mardi left on another thread on this forum for gifts to cuba - it takes me to something else. I am really hoping to get some books to a friend and don't want to risk them never reaching their destination. I saw mention somewhere of another forum that deals with this type of thing - does anyone know what that forum is?

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Hi Dansie

Look on the Cubaamor forum, there is a section for people wanting to send things to Cuba.

toronto
Level Contributor
888 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Mail going to Cuba is not realiable, try and get someone going down to deliver the items. I have mailed letters and cards before, some arrive some don't and at times opened.

Try www.rapidgram.com

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
162 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

How long does it take for a letter to be delivered via Rapidgram?

Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

is it just me that can not access the cuba amour site that everyone is reccomending? It says it is down because someone has hacked into it?

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Hiya Dansie

I was away for most of this week so ... sorry for the delay.

I use the mailtocuba (now called fastleters) and the giftstocuba services.

It usually takes 7 to 10 days for the gift of letter to arrive at the recipients house. I have never had a problem with this service and it has become our first line of comunication.

There is a limited selection of items to send so I take more personal items when I go.

These sevices are only a personal preference and each person should use what ever means suits them best. Asking others to take gifts or you to take for them is fine if you know and trust them.

Mardi

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sending mail or packages to Varadero

Thanks Mardi.

I have the fastletters.com website, but do you have the gifts to cuba website? when I try www.giftstocuba.com, it just takes me to a self-management questionaire. thanks.