We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Ocean Varadero

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
748 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Back from Ocean Varadero

Any questions?

We had a nice week, but I guess we had hear so much lovely things about the resort that it was a bit of a deception on certain points. Will write a probably long but objective review!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from Ocean Varadero

I heard it was built very cheap did you notice this?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from Ocean Varadero

not cheap really cheap !

i want to read your story ,same thing for me it was not so good ,i was thinking because we was in november just 3 weeks after the opening...

Edited: 26 January 2013, 20:56
Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
748 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from Ocean Varadero

You cannot really missed it. It is a shame, really, as it is pretty. But the bungalow do remind you of something cheap and tourist-trappy you would find in Mont-Tremblant.

When you get into the room, there is a good gap between the door and the floor, and between the baseboards around the door and the wall (there was a cute gecko hiding around the door). (You can really hear the wind howling, quite loudly). We were in building 11, and gosh, the sound of the theater and disco. BOOM-BOOM-BOOM. Even with the fan at its highest speed. It didn't bother us much, but if you are a light sleeper, try to request a room away from the theater.

The grout around the tiles in the shower is already blackened and is falling to bites in some area. And it only have been open three months.

And there seems to be some problem with the septic tank, sewage or something. Close to the spa and pool, there is pipes running on the grass, and sometimes quite a nasty smell of sewage. Not all the time tho. But it is not really chic to see pipes and holes covered with black bin bags with a dodgy smell.

But, the lobby is stunning, very pretty. Altho on the side, there is nice basins, but with yellowish grass in the middle. They really would put nice luscious plants there, would be so much prettier.

They are working on the landscaping (normal, new hotel). Over the week day, we were noticing new bushes and new flowers bed. They need more of them, if all the walk ways had hibiscus and so long, it will be way prettier (and would help hiding the pipes).

But, the hotel has potential, and most of the staff is really lovely.

Hope this help.

4. Re: Back from Ocean Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:17