We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wifi or internet access

Timmins
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
wifi or internet access

Staying the Iberostar in Cuba ,Varadero and i am just wondering what kind of access is there to wifi or internet service,and what is the cost??

Thank You.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,023 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wifi or internet access

I believe you are staying at the Iberostar Laguna Azul. There is no Wi-Fi at the hotel.

There are several computers in a room off the lobby which you can use. A thirty minute card used to cost 5 CUC's.

R S
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: wifi or internet access

Just came back a couple of weeks ago and Iberostar Laguna Azul does have wifi available in the lobby and pool area - card costs 8 cuc for one hour of time - speed is comparable to what I have at home. Doesn't work in the rooms but I was able to use it in the Ranchon restaurant beside the pool while having my morning coffee. You don't have to use the hour all at once, so I was able to sign on each day and send & receive a quick message back home. Be sure to get the sign off code when you buy the card at the main reception desk.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,023 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wifi or internet access

R S:

Excellent news. Thanks for posting.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
535 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wifi or internet access

now if the other resorts would follow suite...stayed at Iberostar Tainos and would loved to have had wifi available.

5. Re: wifi or internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 05:19