We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

Carlisle, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

I'm going to sandals and wonder if anyone upgraded when they were at the hotel... how much did people pay if upgrading at hotel and was it worth it?

thanks

Welland, Canada
Level Contributor
939 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

The cost of the upgrade varies depending on the time of year, whether it is high/low season and the room category you initially booked. For example to upgrade from a standard gardening suite would be more than you had booked premium.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 21:59
Carlisle, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

I will be stopping in July for 2 weeks in a standard junior suit so wondering how much an upgrade per night it would approx be if upgrading at the hotel direct.

thanks

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

From the UK, you'll get a better deal upgrading via your travel agent to Concierge...with a lot less hassle!

is this your first trip to cuba?

Edited: 02 February 2013, 23:20
Carlisle, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

It's my first trip but my partner has been there a few years ago but at playa so we are going to do the havana for 3 nights then sandals for 11 nights. Wondering how much things are i.e. excursions and prices in havana

5. Re: Sandals, Varadero - Upgrade prices? Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 05:16