We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Hello,

My friends and I are looking for a resort that has a disco and a decent nightlife on the resort. We are all 21 years old and looking for a good party but would also like a place that is decent quality. I have read reviews about Barcelo Solymar and Sol Sirenas Coral and they dont sound very appealing other than the party atmosphere... is there any other resorts you would recommend for us in Varadero?

Also flexible for other places in Cuba and Mexico

Looking to leave late april and pay around 1000.00

Anything helps thanks everyone!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Good luck getting $1000 in Mexico or DR. Cuba will be the lowest in price out of Ottawa. Melia Las Antillas has a decent disco on site as well as Aguas Azules which has the Mambo club attached to it..

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

thank you for the response, yeah Cuba seems the most realistic, just wasnt too sure about resorts other than the two I mentioned. Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Oasis Cancun is also a good option.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Although I have no idea on the price other than that it's a cheaper resort for the Dominican Republic, the Occidental Grand is right next to the nightclub Mangu and you get free admission to it. The latest review from a girl from Toronto starts off with, "I recommend this hotel for a younger crowd who wants to have fun stay up all night and sleep on the beach the next day."

Midland, Ontario...
Level Contributor
149 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

oasis cancun has horrible service but if you stsy at the oasis Grande you can enjoy the party at OC and the service and everything else at the Grande there connected also everywhere in Cancun is party time

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

I was going to say Oasis Cancun too... Love Cuba truly at heart but the more times I go down to Cancun the more I get it; you could probably get a week for $1000 at Oasis if you keep an eye on the prices, and like Derrick mentioned, if you can update to the Oasis Grand when you get there. Just more food options. IMHO, after 27 visits over 10 years, Cuba's raised it's prices too much and the standards not enough, even I'm struggling with paying the same price for the PPDM as I would for an Iberostar or Paradisus in Cancun...

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Thank you I will keep Oasis in mind!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
153 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

I would head to Cancun I loved it when i was 22!

Also, Late April is off season for most people. Varadero will most likely not have many people partying at that time.

Feb and March are pretty much the best times to head to Varadero. And Playa De Oro, Solymar, SS Coral, villa cuba, RIU are your best bets durings those months.

And Dominican I've never seen a party scene down there. I've been three times.

calgary
Level Contributor
415 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Not much party scene in Punta Cana but definately in Puerto Plata although price is pretty high lately. Have been all over the DR 4 times. Have fun and be sensible where ever you end up going.

Debra

Ottawa, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Party resort but good quality- Cuba, Dominican, Mexico?

Thank you, I have noticed that Puerto Plata has been getting cheaper lately... how are the beaches there? I have heard some mixed reactions?