We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
814 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

We just returned from our 4th visit to Iberostar Tainos in the past 2 years and would be pleased to address any questions / concerns you may have.

We'll try to fire up a review when we get an opportunity for what is now our favorite hotel in 15 visits to Cuba.

Mount Pearl, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Hi Cubatan,

How are all of my wonderful family members at the Tainos? Has there been any significant changes since you were there last? How is Franki? Is he working at the beach bar again?

Thanks,

Nickster

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Hi we usually go to Riu chain but a few friends have recomended Iberostar so we've booked :D

Please could you answer a couple of questions

Is there a hairdryer in the rooms?

Is there a safe and is it included?

Is there an iron and board?

Is there water/drinks/fridge?

sorry for so many questions and thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll think of some more soon :)

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Tracy:

There are hairdryers but they aren't the best. Will get the job done but you have to be patient with them.

There is a safe that costs 2CUC/s/ day

There is an ironing board(at least in the bungalows)

The fridge is restocked every other day with water, a few bottles of pop, and a couple Cristals.

Hope that helps. Anything else? You picked a great resort.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Welcome back Cubatan! Sounds like you guys had a ball. I posted in your other thread yesterday, wanted to let you get settled in before I asked about your trip.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 21:19
New Brunswick
Level Contributor
814 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Nickster -

No real significant changes - new general manager - Alberto Herrera - who replaced Brenda Correa - who repaced Dejean Grubanov.

Staff is largely intact - still a ball - love to get a bit crazy. Star Friends are much lower key - by somebody's design - not theirs.

We met up with Franki only once. he works the late, late shift in the main restaurant but we met him one night working late in the Lobby Bar - trying to lose it.

Still a great place - going back in April / May.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
814 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Tracey from Preston -

We love the place - glad to help new visitors like yourself.

There are reasonably good hair dryers in all rooms - main building and bungalows.

There is a safe in all rooms - main building and bungalows - 2 CUC per day.

All rooms have a small fridge with a large bottle of natural water, a small bottle of sparkling / soda ? water, a can of Cristal beer (yum), a can of Bucanero beer (yuk), a can of orange soda, a can of lemon / lime soda.

I suggest you request a bungalow room - rather than a main building room. Room 3214 is the most convenient room on the premises.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
814 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

IOTG - faster than a friggin speeding bullet - my latest Tainos review is already posted - I just sent it last night - where is Corry's Tainos review?

I can't find it anywhere?

What are your Tainos dates? I'll make a note.

I still plan to P/M you with some info.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Thanks Cubatan, really looking forward to reading your review and hearing about your trip. I did actually finally see Corry's review yesterday. Didn't seem to be posted with the regular batch of new reviews though. Only reason I noticed it is I was looking through pics and noticed he had posted a few. From the picture there was a link to his review which is oddly dated Jan 29th I think. I'm off in a mere 10 days or so. March 2nd departure at 6am out of Halifax. Really good to hear the staff is still in place, they are all such great people. Can't wait to be back. Cheers.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
108 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Hola everyone!

Why is everyone complaining about the coffee? We couldn't get enough of it in previous trips to Cuba and would always bring a suitcase full home with us..........

Really excited about staying at Tainos....great reviews.

We leave in exactly one week :)

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
814 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IberostarTainos Lover - Just Returned

Hola TG62 -

The coffee at Tainos is about the only thing that we don 't like there. We bring our own 3 in1 instant coffee from Canada along with a kettle and do a "coffee on the balcony overlooking the pool" thing every morning right after getting out of bed.

Now the lobby bar cappuccino with catalana is something else again and we often have 2 or 3 of those right after breakfast and before the beach.

Tainos really earns it's good reviews but sometimes I think we're doing ourselves a disservice by raving about it on TA. It seems it's always "full house" these days and that limits room selection.

Count those days down and have a great vacation at Tainos.