We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salsa Dancing in Varadero

Halifax
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Salsa Dancing in Varadero

Any recommendations for salsa dancing in Varadero?

La Cumparsita?

Calle 62?

Havana Club?

Is there a particular night that is more likely to be playing salsa?

I'm not really interested in disco/regaetton/dance music - can get plenty of that in Canada!

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salsa Dancing in Varadero

Calle 62 is a great place to salsa.

Sovereign Harbour
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salsa Dancing in Varadero

Calle 62 is great any evening but weekends are best - they even close off the street and it's full of locals doing salsa and cha cha - you could also have lessons in the new dance school in Varadero - abc academia baile en cuba on 1st Ave and calle 35 - air conditioned private lessons 15 cucs - www.baileencuba.com - www.varaderobaila.com - there is a festival in July I think

Halifax
Level Contributor
111 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salsa Dancing in Varadero

Thanks jjssc!

Good information, I'll be sure to check out the schools.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salsa Dancing in Varadero

That sounds fantastic, jjssc. We're thinking Varadero again SOON, so I'm going to save this post! Even if I can't drag my DH to lessons, I'd like to go.

5. Re: Salsa Dancing in Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17