We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

Hi all, I am going to Memories Varadero in April and going Diamond club. I am wondering what past guests have experienced as Diamond club members. Good and bad. Thanks

renfrew
Level Contributor
74 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

We thought it was worth the money. We enjoyed the separate check in that was in the diamond club room, the better rum (my husband likes the 7 year rum) and the private dining room which was air conditioned.

We had staff that walked around all day and made sure that we were happy and checked in on us to see if we need anything. We didn't take advantage of the private beach area but did check it out and it was nice.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

I tried to book diamond club through our agent but after he checked with sunwing apparently there were no more diamond club packages available??? Is that possible? Can you upgrade when you get there???

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
397 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

We upgraded in advance. At the time we travelled (late Oct 12), we didn't find much value in the Diamond Club package. We did love the resort but the only thing we really got of value from DC was the beach facing rooms, and friends who travelled with us got the same rooms/building by tipping $20 CUC at check in. Mind you, we aren't big drinkers so didn't take advantage of the premium alcohol, which might make a difference for some. Beach butler service was there but not even checking bracelets, and we never actually had turndown service as advertised.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

I too am interested if you can get the Diamond Club upgrade when you arrive. We are going in August and have booked through Sunwing. We have 2 adjoining Family Deluxe Balcony Gardenview Rooms. We were told NO, our rooms are not upgradable to Diamond Club. We called on a different day to the Sunwing call centre and were told YES our rooms are AUTOMATICALLY Diamond Club status. Uh-hunh. So I asked for that in writing and got an email the next day saying sorry, they actually checked with the hotel itself and NO, not available at this time. So according to Sunwing, we cannot have the Diamond Club even though we are more than willing to pay for it. I have emailed the hotel an have not received a reply (it's been about a week). Can ANYONE shed some light on this?? Can we upgrade to Diamond Club status when we arrive?? We don't really want different rooms (as they are adjoining) but would like the other perks. Thanks in advance.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

I as well was told by my agent that it wasn't available. I then emailed the resort and they said I could upgrade when I arrived for 100 CUCs per person

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

Perfect! That's exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks fellow "Oshawa" traveller!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

No problem!!!

Not sure if we will upgrade. Might just see if we can pay for a Late checkout

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

I told my partner about this info ....we aren't sure if we will upgrade or not. Doesn't quite seem worth it for 100 CUCs per person. We don't need an ocean view room, we don't care about turn down service, already asked for late check out when we booked....BUT the better alcohol (not that we're lushes), better area for relaxing on the beach, and al a carte....hmm....

montreal
Level Contributor
10,246 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

This is the former Nolitour section that i have been 4 times that they call Diamond Club today .

Is it worth it if you want my honest opinion keep that extra 100CUC per person and go out of the resort as you can have some amazing dinners for 200cuc in downtown Varadero or even paying for excursions as what you will be getting its not worth it all that money .

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thoughts on Diamond Club Memories Varadero

The hotel also said you can upgrade for 15 CUC per night per person if you don't want to do it for the entire week!