We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults Only resort in Varadero!

Toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Adults Only resort in Varadero!

Hello,

Going with my wife to Varadero for our first time this April. Looking for suggestions for an adults only resort.

Simply looking for great beach, pool, service and ok food.

Not really into activities. Just need to relax.

Thanks for your help.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

We honeymooned at Paradisus Princesa del Mar and loved it. It's a very quiet place though, as long as you're not looking for much nightlife, it's a good choice.

The whole place sleeps by 11pm.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

I would highly recommend Sandals, Adults and Couples only.

Bradford West...
Level Contributor
882 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

Absolutely Sandals. It has everything you are looking for including a fantastic beach. It has nicer sand than PPDM because of the location.

Adults only...Couples only. This makes a great difference in the energy/mood of the resort. PPDM is not couples only.

We have been to Sandals many, many times including just a month ago...Feb 2nd to 9th and we are returning this Saturday March 23rd for 2 weekis.

We love it there!!

Pam

Edited: 20 March 2013, 18:30
Montreal
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

I do agree on the beach-- PPDM is at the very end of the peninsula where the sand is coarser and darker than it is closer to town.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

We're also looking for a great standard of resort for next May, ideally adults only. We want a great pool, beach and food with nice staff and a friendly relaxed atmosphere (preferably not somewhere where everyone sleeps by 11pm!) I was leaning towards PPDM, however due to info from here and Facebook think we're now probably gonna go for Sandals :) That beach and beach bar look amazing and just what we're looking for.

od7
Ontario
Level Contributor
408 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

You might want to consider Melia Las Americas. Adults only, great beach, good food and much closer to town.

Golf included as the course is attached. Even if you don't play, not a bad view.

Very nice lobby bar area for socializing with patio overlooking the beach. Italian rest. has an awesome patio overlooking the beach for lunch.

od7

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

Princesa del Mar for sure; bonus is food is better than average, best I've had in Varadero. I personally haven't been to Sandals but have a lot of friends that have been to both, one couple just got back on Tuesday, and so far all of them have found food at the PPDM to be better.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
260 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

Got to recommend the Sandals Hicocos great adult only hotel going for the 6 th time myself you will love it grear entertainment great beach i think the best of all the resorts and ive been to lots of them and great people who work there..

9. Re: Adults Only resort in Varadero!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 04:18