We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

Haliburton, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

I am wondering which hotel would be the best for a single woman over 50 who wants to enjoy the beach, loves good food and wants a nice ocean view. Not afraid to explore by myself.

I understand 5 star and Cuba is not the same as elsewhere. i am looking at Las Americas and have hard about Varadero Paradisus and Paradisus Princesa and Ocean Varidero Patriarca.The Iberostar I think is at the far end but would consider. Many thanx for any tips. I know someone who went to Brezzes Bellacosta an loved it but and had a villa. it does not seem to be the same quality as the others but great beach. may be wrong.

Any pointers?

Muchas Gracias Bonnie

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

I would strongly recommend Melia Las Americas, it's a great property, closer to town and offers a nice beachfront. It's not as secluded as the Paradisus properties.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

I went on my own to Varadero and stayed at Memories. There are rooms with ocean views and it is a 15 peso cab ride into Veradero. the people who work at the resort are great and the food is good.

When are you going? Feel free to send me a pm if you want more information about what it is like to go as a single woman!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

check out the reviews for melia las antillas. I have also stayed at Melia las Americas and had a wonderful room with a la carte possiblities but prefer overall the closeness of the Melia las Antillas. It was just easier being there on my own.

Edited: 24 March 2013, 20:10
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

Try the Blau Varadero. Best ocean views in Varadero as well as pool views and sunset views from your room. Medium size hotel (400 rooms). Lots of mature singles. Not a top place for famillies or spring breakers. Minimal walking. 30 second walk from your room to the buffet, lobby, or bars (via glass elevators). Lots of areas to people watch from above whether it be looking down at the pool, or the bars. Nice 13 story artium to look down around from any floor. Lots of grassy areas with trees to find a quiet spot. Rated high by Trip Advisor for a reason.. A true 4 star. Best of all they don't usually charge extra for going single!

Good luck in your choice.

Level Contributor
66 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

I have to agree with solar1224 the Blau Varadero would be my choice, beautiful beach, with awesome views, the staff is second to none. All the rooms are in one location so you are not walking over a long distance for anything. I would not hesitate to go alone to this hotel and this is coming from a 50 something woman.

6. Re: Best hotel in Varadero for a single woman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor