We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

Vancouver, British...
1 post
Save Topic
Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

Hi there:

A couple of questions:

I'm planning on a trip to Blau Varadero in mid may and was wondering if anyone had booked a standard quite and had a chance to upgrade to an oceanview suite after they had booked there trip?

Also, how far is the distance to the beach from the resort? The map shows that it is quite a ways away...must be worth it though :)

Lastly, is this a place that would be okay for solo young travelers?

Thanks!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

The standard room does not guarantee you a ocean view. You can however email the resort before hand requesting the view. I have heard of many cases where the request has been granted. The hotel is not very large and is just a short stretch to the beach area. Not so sure it would be a good option for solo travelers although for couples I found it great.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

It is really quite a short distance to the beach. I would not want to go there solo, though, even though it is quite a nice hotel. It is more for couples. I would suggest a livlier spot such as the Sol Sirenas Coral or the Barcelo Solymar.

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

As regards Ocean (Pool) view or the front of the hotel, which is a view out across the road, but also to the ocean and the local marina, personally having just returned we preferred the front of the hotel. The Pool view gives you a view of the pool and only the sea if you are on a higher floor, does not get the sun at all, can be very cold on the balcony if the wind is from the north and not much to see after dark. The front of the hotel gets the sun virtually all day, plenty to see, even in the evenings and is very pleasant warm and relaxing for a drink on the balcony late at night. We were on the ninthe floor, middle room on the west wing, with a view over the Dolphinariam and towards Varadero and if we return we would request this room again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

I emailed and requested an oceanview before we left. We were not given a room with a view but a ground floor room, which worked out better for us in the end. Blau is my favourite resort, have an awesome time :)

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

From the front of the hotel (South facing), especially from the higher floors you get to see the Bay of Cardenas, a pretty enough in its own way sight, with the foothills of the Escambray Mountain Ranges way in the distance, spectacular sunrises, the marina and like Elwyndener said, it is the sunny side of the hotel, especially in the winter months, the sunrises seen are spectacular, and you get to see all the old cars plying along the Autopista Sur out front. The lower front hotel rooms in the West wing may have noise issues at times due to the delivery trucks and hotel employee bus transfer points at 7:30 in the morning, then around 5 in the afternoon. The pool side (North facing) rooms, have the atypical beautiful ocean view with a birds eye view on the higher floors, and of course, one can see some incredible sunsets, though this may only be possible from the West wing of the hotel in the winter months due to the position of the sun. Overall you should be very happy with the hotel. To see some things and a run to the beach from the hotel, please check out this movie I put together about the Blau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3I-KUbjcI

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

The ocenview rooms are beautiful and in my opinon worth the extra money.

7. Re: Blau Varadero-Is it Necessary to book an oceanview Room ahea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:17