We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

toronto
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

13 sleep to go until we leave woohoo but I have a question about the health insurance. We have extended health insurance through my husband benefit plan. We are bringing the travel card to show in case we are asked. However, my husband seems to be missing his health card at the moment. Please tell me they're not going to ask that? I realize we may have to show our travel insurance but I hope we don't have to show our health cards too.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

i have never been asked for my health card. I pretty sure as long as you have proof of your health insurance you'll be fine.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

They won't ask for your health card (I've never brought mine) but do get a letter from the hubby's insurance company confirming your both covered on his plan. They have a standard one typed up for Cuba travel, they should be able to fax or email it on the spot. My card only has the plan holders name, not everyone covered under the plan, & I've never felt like testing out my Spanish & charade skills to try and explain that at customs should they ask!

Edited: 01 April 2013, 22:06
toronto
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

thanks!

Dieppe, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

last year when we got thought custumes you go one at a time may even be two different people so you need one for each of you. i think if you have a letter from you health insurance should be ok. they go thought them so fast probably don't even read them. I go to Coop insurance to get mine because I'm insured by great west life but this is an american company don't want the hassle for less than $20 that all cost for insance. hope this help

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

They will also accept your Ontario health card as proof if they ask.

6. Re: 13 sleeps to go! And a question about health insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 06:16