We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotel choice

canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Topic
Budget hotel choice

I will be traveling with a few friends to varadero. Some of them have budgets that they have to stay within so its up to me to pick the best budget hotel. I personally have been to varadero 12 times but never been to any of the hotels listed below which fits in the budget plans, any advice and what is the best hotel would be great.. Location is some what important as i love calle 62 at night and would rather walk then cab if possible but not most important , quality is, i stayed at arenas blancas before loved the location and quality of hotel for me was fine as im not to picky.. Also stayed at sirenas la salina (to far away from town) and varadero 1920 (new name?)

Here is a list of the hotels that fit into budget

kawama, club carey, playa caleta, cuetro palmas (my choice so far), playa de oro, club amigo aguas azules, hotel villa cuba, club caribe puntarena ..

Any info would be great ...

Thanks

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotel choice

The best choice out of all you have listed is the Cuatro Palmas, Also its location in town is hard to beat!!

canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotel choice

im thinking it compares to the arenas blancas quality wise? If i can remember correctly its across the street from calle 62?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotel choice

Arenas Blancas IMO is a better property though.

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotel choice

Yes, Cuatro Palmas is directly across the street from Calle 62.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotel choice

Quite honestly, if I was looking for a budget hotel in Cuba, I would aim my sights on Guardalavaca or Santiago de Cuba. Cheap price but far more in quality that you would find in Varadero. JMHO

canada
Level Contributor
530 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget hotel choice

i like varadero the town to much though, i know my way around love calle 62 and some of the other discos, just something im comfortable with, just unsure of the hotels i have to choose from

Brantford
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget hotel choice

Cuatro Palmas is a great location for what you want .I have stayed at Playa caleta several times and enjoyed it every time.(No disco)

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
977 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget hotel choice

for sure cuatro palmas,great location,smaller hotel but i loved it there.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget hotel choice

quatro palmas,villa cuba,barlovento and barcelo/Arenas

Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
292 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget hotel choice

Stayed at Club Kawama several years ago. Good resort for the price! :)