We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

Toronto, Ontario...
11 posts
Save Topic
veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

Hello,

Im looking to take a trip to Veradero next Feb/March with my wife and 2 kids..13 and 10..

Im interested in Veradero and my wife is interested in St.Petes/Clearwater Beach florida..

Ive heard mixed reviews..some people are saying Florida is better for the food, but it looks kinda boring to me..(no entertainment, no all inclusives) while some people saying they love Veradero for the beach...( I am a beach person..and looking for entertainment at the hotel)..and its very safe...and the food is ok..I want to go to Veradero, and my wife wants Florida...(she worries the kids will get sick from the food)...

I would like to ask people who have been to both (gulf coast of Florida - Clearwater , st. petes.. vs Veradero) , what would you recommend for our first trip together as a family...

my 3 top choices would be :

1 Tainos

2 Bella Costa

3 Sol Palmeras...

your opinions are greatly appreciated as I will show her this post ....

tks

Toronto
Level Contributor
654 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

I've been to Clearwater more times than I am remember and Varadero 5 times.

Don't get me wrong I love Florida and it's nice but it won't be as relaxing as Varadero and doing AI. Varadero the kids will be occupied with activities and things to do...Florida you will have to find them things to do. Varadero the bar is 100 meters away....Florida....not so much!

I wouldn't worry about the kids getting sick! We travel our entire big fat Italian family and no one has ever gotten sick. You can drink the water there and they have one of the worlds beat health care systems so not for anything if I am gonna get sick I'd rather it be there lol

montreal
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

I also went to the Gulf beaches in Clearwater St Pete Beach about 6 or 7 times and always had a good time nice place to be honest but my wife told me enough of Florida and as a man you know we always let are ladies win and she did lol .

Went to Varadero for the first time in 2006 and never went back to Florida as i like better the AI as you can eat drink and play games which im sure your kids will do as they have lots of things to keep people busy as be a man this time around and say we are off to Varadero lol ...

Look which ever you choose you will have a good time as Clearwater has some nice spots but i would take Cuba this time around ..... good luck with your wife .....

By the way i was never sick in Cuba Mexico or DR for that matter so tell your wife food will not get your kids sick as one of my sons got sick once and guess were it was Florida as these things happen ...

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
262 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

I have done both with kids, and think both are great options. In my expierence Florida is more of an effort and costs twice as much... But you gotta do them both sooner or later.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

Hola

Back to your 3 choices...I would check out Tainos as your first choice..

LC7

hfx
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

Tainos has great reviews, including food. Some people get sick wherever they travel. Cuba is very nice, I've never had any interest in going to Florida; but that's why they make different hat sizes.

Toronto, Ontario...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

thanks for all your advice.

As I am showing her all the responses I feel that I may be able to sway her...

I may win... lol....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
419 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

Biggest difference is that you don't have to deal with American tourists in Cuba.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,135 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

You had nothing better to say ....

ottawa
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

we always went to Florida/ St.Petes/ Treasure island when the kids were little. It was great to have a place with a kitchen to make small meals. We took the kids to Cuba at the ages of 12 and 15. I was great they loved it as much as we did. it is much easier to have the food and beverages available than having to make or buy for the kids when they want something. Everything is there for you including kids and entertainment for them and you where as in Florida you have to make your own fun.....The beach is nicer too!

Go for it you wont regret it!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: veradero vs. florida (st.petes/clearwater)

I feel the same way, I like Florida I go couple times a year. I go for the championship boat races at key west every November and fort Myers usually mid march but I prefer cuba.

I prefer to have everything cooked and cleaned up and not by me. You will love it in cuba.