We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

We have a large group coming to Varadero with us for our wedding for the first week of May. We have been to Varadero 3 times and have done some of the typical excursions like catamaran tour, jeep excursion, Havana and of course the double decker bus. I'm looking for some unique excursions or suggestions for some of the guests other than the excursions listed. We have had a few people ask about catching a ball game or doing something a little different. If you guys and gals have any interesting input it would be appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

A baseball game is lots of fun and it's super easy to organize, simply rent a van or minibus large enough for your group and you're good to go.

Do you have any "frens" in the Varadero area? For large groups one of my favourite easy and fairly inexpensive fun times would be to host a pig roast with some live music. If you have a decent Cuban fren organizing it you can get a LOT of people stuffed and drunk and dancing and having fun for not much money.

Cheers,

Terry

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

Sounds like a Cuban fellow I met last year.

He invited me to a party at his house.

He warned me that there would be a lot of drinking, singing , dancing, swearing ,fighting, and sex!

I was a little hesitant , and asked him about this unruly crowd that would be there.

He said" Crowd, what crow? It's just going to be you and me"

Salud!

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

And how was the sex? LOL

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

The Bellamar Caves in Matanzas, is well worth the trip.

Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have worded my question a little differently. The only thing we will probably do as a group off of the resort is doing a small pub crawl into Varadero so everyone can get use to what's around Varadero if they wish to do it on their own. We have a few adventure seekers that are asking about different things like baseball games, ziplining, renting scooters etc. I already can explain the regular excursions available but I was wondering about some different more unique excursions other than the typical ones. Again thanks in advance for any advise or suggestions. The reason we wouldn't book anything as a group is because we are expecting close to 50 people with us and I don't want to even attempt to organize it.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 16:20
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

Martian24's suggestions are excellent. Going to a baseball game in Cuba, especially playoff time, is amazing! Pig roast idea is fantastic, memories of a lifetime would be created!!

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

50 people,holy smokes!

Not a chance in heck that you'll get everyone doing the same thing at once , but lots of stuff to do for sure.

Havana, country tours, catamaran, bar hoppin, etc...

The wedding itself, will be the main event where everyone will be together .

We are doing the same in Guillermo in March. Probably half the amount of people.

Good times all around!

8. Re: Unique Excursions In Varadero Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:21