We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Hi All

Please can someone help with advice regarding Visa's to enter Cuba for British passport holders.

I was about to book our holiday this week and read today that British passport holders need to obtain a visa to enter Cuba. The tour operator i am booking through (Virgin) do not seem to include this in their package and direct you to a different site to apply for one (visa central.co.uk).

The price seems quite steep, i just wondered how other UK passport holders were applying for theres?

Any advice on the best and most secure way to do this would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Have a read of my Inside Page on Tourist Visas at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c104245/Cub…

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Thank you Bellagio this is really helpful. I think Virgin in the UK must have changed their terms, because it doesn't mention being bale to obtain this at the airport for £25 on their website. I might call them and check.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

hol28:

Check out this link, particularly replies 3 and 4 where someone says they have bought a visa at Gatwick for £25.

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Personally though I would buy the visas before you go using the link quoted at No 2 on my Inside Page in my reply #1/

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Thank you Bellagio, i think i would prefer to buy it before hand too. Tried to navigate through the site visacuba.com, but it doesn't seem to be working properly..seems to get stuck after you put your name and info in.. might just be on my computer will try again tomorrow.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

I can't test the site myself as I have my Visa already but the site opened up OK.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

You do not need a visa to visit Cuba . My old lady is a Brit and has never had a proplem in 18 visits to Cuba

Johnny C

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Johnny:

We are talking about the Tourist Card/Visa. For Canadians your tourist cards are handed out on the aircraft, ours are not. Thomson & Thomas Cook include them in the price of your holiday and send them to you around two weeks before you fly. Virgin do not send them out, you have to apply for them or buy them at the airport.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

Bellagio, why do other websites ask for an application form, copies of your booking, passport and insurance etc whereas the cubavisa website seems to be very basic. It only seems to ask you to fill some information and your address?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,867 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

No idea. I suppose they want to make sure there is no comeback on them if you do not have all the necessary documents and paperwork. Remember they have to stamp the back of the tourist visa so it can be traced back to them if there were any problems.

That's the only reason I can think of. I agree it does seem unnecessary.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Visa for UK Passport Holders..help needed!

So confusing all if this lol, but as you mentioned above its not the type of visa you get printed in your passport it's just a tourist card visa! Again thank you for all your help it's much appreciated!