We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of November.. first week of December weather?

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
End of November.. first week of December weather?

Hi All

I have another question....

I have read a lot of old reviews on here regarding the weather at the end of November beginning of December that say it can get quite chilly and cold at this time of year. Its got me worrying a bit. It doesn't need to be scorching, but thought it would still be hot.

We have changed our dates and now plan on going between the 28th November - 5th December. What is the temperature likely to be like? Do you think its still likely to be hot on these dates?

Thank you in advance

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
817 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

We have gone those weeks several years, and will again this year (although usually to Cayo Largo or Cayo Santa Maria, not Varadero). We find the temps pleasantly warm (mid-high 20s if I recall correctly) during the day; in the evening you may need a sweater or jacket.

I'm sure one of the Varadero regulars can tell you if it's any different there.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

I have been the last several Novembers, one two day period of cool rain in 2006. Last year it was very hot. I enjoy this time of year in Varadero and usually travel on exactly the dates you are looking to book.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

We've been three times for two weeks a time in late november/early december... always had great weather, occaisional cloudy/rainy days, but mostly good overall... compared with the weather here in UK at that time of year it's definately great... evenings can be a bit cool, especially if you're "glowing" following a day in the sun... take a light jacket or jumper/wrap

ATB,J.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

Thank you, i feel a little better now..will keep my fingers crossed from now until then :)

Gibsons, B. C...
Level Contributor
978 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

That is my favourite week to go to Varadero.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

Hola

I guess everyone forgets the last week of nov/first week of dec. 2010....nearly froze my a_s off and that was on the land. Not much sun the first week of dec. Nobody can predict the weather. The locals were like popsicles. Have stopped going to this area in dec..and go to CSM a little warmer, but sometimes cool also….

cheers.

Chicago
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

In regards to this, is a trip the first week of January not a good idea? I hate to bring anything more than a (very) light jacket on vacation with me. If Nov/Dec can be cold, then I'm guessing January could be even more so?

OTOH I do plan on going out dancing as much as possible, so maybe the clubs would be more comfortable if the weather were cool.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

I'm really hoping it's not going to be freezing, my idea of flying somewhere beautiful an sitting on a cold beach fills me with dread lol!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

Hola

was in Cuba the middle of January this year, man the first day was not cold but it was cool enough to wear a long sleeve T shirt. At the beach it was a cool, with the wind. However still going...again lol

It’s the middle of august and only 18 degrees and raining here in Vancouver…should not be but it’s the weather.

cheers.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: End of November.. first week of December weather?

Hi, my group of 16 have travelled to Varadero every year for the past 6 years. the last weened of Nov for 2 weeks into Dec. We have had terrific weather. some days up to +32. the odd shower / or drizzel, BUT didn't last long. However seemed like a little more windy days. BUT still enjoyed the 2 weeks.

We are booked again this NOV, 30 for 2 weeks.

have a great time

cheeeeers