We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Has anyone experience with getting to a baseball game while in Varadero? Any and all information appreciated.

Edited: 24 October 2013, 05:43
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Is your main interest baseball or Havana? If it's baseball, you can catch a game much closer in Matanzas.

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Baseball is the draw. Tell me more... our trip won't be until April so may not even be the season then, just trying to learn.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

I'm not really a Varadero expert. I can tell you that there is a bus you can take. If you are travelling with others, a taxi would be easier and cheaper. Check back on this forum later. I know we have lots of baseball fans on here that will provide heaps more information.

Okanagan, BC
Level Contributor
267 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Thanks much! I will keep checking back.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Check out this old thread for more info. tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k594371…

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
360 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

I was at two games in Jan 2013. I managed to find a private driver for the two of us, and they joined us for a dinner in Matanzas as well as the game. Great time!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
455 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

Ditto. No problem finding a driver on resort for a game in Matanzas this past winter. It was a great experience. There is a bus to Matanzas, but it doesn't get you to the stadium and it may not be running for your return trip depending on when the game starts. A taxi or driver is a bit easier in my opinion.

If your heart is set on Havana, any of the Cuba-based agents and guides frequently cited on the forum should be able to arrange transportation and tickets. Jorge (jorgeguide2004@gmail.com) is my go-to guy for anything in Havana that I don't want to do independently or arrange myself.

K

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

My fiannce and I rented a car in Jan/13 in Varadero and drove to Havana for a sunday afternoon game. Experience of a lifetime! Havana Industriales vs Pinar del Rio at Estadio Latinamericano. 3 cuc's got us in and 1 cuc for a coke. 40,000 people. 2pm game left a little early and home by 7pm in Varadero. Would do it again but would love to see a game in Matanzas.

WWN
Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

We went early April this year and Matanzas was in the playoffs, took a game in with about a dozen of the hotel staff young people, had a blast really something to experience the game in Cuba and the way they enjoy their baseball. Cannot wait to go again.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baseball, travel Varadero to Havana to catch a game.

It is a social outing for most people who go to the games. Men, Women, Children, Boyfriend , Girlfriend , Families, Musicians , Singers ,Dancers...

You name it. A great time, win or loose!