We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

wonder if anyone can help me i am staying in cayo coco but flying into veradaro is there a bus i can take that is safe or can i rent a car and leave it in cayo coco because i will be flying out of there

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

Renting a car and leaving it there would be the same price or more expensive than taking a taxi particular.

You can take the viazul bus to Ciego de Avila, and then a cab to Cayo Coco.

www.viazul.com

Or you can take a directly from Varadero to Cayo Coco. My guess is that the cabs waiting at the airport would not negociate the price a lot. But if you go to the Viazul station, cabs will be waiting and will probably negociate more. A taxi particular (one that has a licence but no real exterior signs of being a cab) will be a lot less expensive than a state cab (one that has exterior signs).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

would it be safe to drive in a rental i think we would like that but not sure about it as we have never been to cuba

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

If you drive during the day and don't go fast, it will be safe. But you will get lost a lot as the indications often diseapered and were not replaced... Stop often to ask your direction and you will get there eventually. But it will take you a good 6 hours, probably more.

Edited: 25 October 2013, 17:44
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

ok cool thanks for your help now i just have to figure out the car rental stuff ...lol

hfx
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

Howard, how is your Spanish? It's a trip (driving a car) that I would not undertake.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

we dont speak spanish at all so maybe your right i should not do this

hfx
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k69432…

maybe the bus is a better plan

8. Re: Transportation between veradaro and cayo coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22