We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cats at resorts?

Alberta
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cats at resorts?

Considering Breezes varadero and Blau varadero. Are there lots of stray cats around the resorts? Other resorts have said there are lots of stray cats and dogs around the resort and near restaurants. I have a severe cat phobia and could not relax if cats are around. Thanks for your info.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cats at resorts?

Depends of what you mean by lots of cats and dogs maybe you will see a coupls but that will be all .

Have been to 3 different resorts and 7 times to Varadero and only once i saw animals at resorts we stayed and it was 3 dogs which is way less then i see in my street at home day after day ..

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cats at resorts?

Gato, can you please share the names of these three resort ?

I am also interested in this question as well .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cats at resorts?

Blau Varadero has an outdoor lunch buffet. There are cats roaming around. Many people feed them as you can imagine. I am afraid that if people complain about the cats and dogs, they will be euthanized. Even with resorts that have indoor buffets, there are cats outside.

If you do have a real phobia, you may have an issue.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,595 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cats at resorts?

It was Sirenis La Salina which is Memories today that had these dogs .

Playa Varadero 1920which is Allegro Varadero and Iberostar Laguna Azul i never saw any cats and dogs in the grounds of these resorts

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cats at resorts?

Thank you gato for your feedback, like the OP I am extemerely afraid of both cats and dogs (I was attacked as a child- and never got over it). I will cross the road to avoid encounters, something I need to work on. I am also allergic to both

I realize that on a caribbean island, stray dogs/cats are the norm but trying to find a hotel with the least amount is always key for me.

To the OP I have stayed at Blau marina.. Last year 3 stray dogs, this years 2 feral cats .. In Jamaica I never noticed any animals on the resort (key word is noticed).

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cats at resorts?

Unfortunately people who think they are doing the cats and dogs favours by feeding them are doing just the opposite. They keep them hanging around the resorts and then when someone complains, the "animal control officer" will be called and they will be killed.,,and no, they won't be given a needle, more like a hammer to the head or a slit throat.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
838 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cats at resorts?

drgdrg. Sad but True. For Animal Lovers it is hard to not feed them. I feed them. And just outside a Varadero Resort i Have held a dying poisoned small dog in My hands till it dyed. i Was Mad. And sad but that is reality. ps - that dog i had not feed.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,742 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cats at resorts?

For every action, there is an equal opposing action. You feed the animals at the resorts and someone else poisons them. Which came first – the chicken or the egg?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cats at resorts?

My name is pansypotter and I feed cats at resorts! Sorry it may be wrong but, these cats are still alive and some are starving so, what am I to do? Walk right passed them and let them starve to death, or, they die with a full stomach after I have fed them.

I know some person may come along and murder them but, at least they have eaten. I find this subject so sad, the cats are dammed if I do and dammed if I don't.

Edited: 23 November 2013, 21:05
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,742 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: cats at resorts?

Say your purrs, pansypoter ... you’re headed to the stake.

☺ ☺ ☺