We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varadero resort choice

Alberta
Level Contributor
204 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varadero resort choice

What is your opinion on the following resorts. Prices are similar. Iberostar Laguna Azul, Iberostar Playa Alameda, Melia Marina Varadero, Melia Peninsula Varadero, Barcelo solymar Arenas Blancas. We are looking for clean, nice beach with ample chairs, small to medium size, good service. We are not looking for crowds, parties as rest and relaxation are key for us. Also, we would like a cat free environment due to allergies and phobias. Thanks for your input.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,109 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varadero resort choice

If your not looking for a party resort then take out Barcelo solymar Arenas Blancas out of that list .

I would go for the Iberostar Laguna Azul its a nice resort as i was there this past may and had a good time.

As for cats free nobody can guarantee you that as we are customers not owners of the resorts .

By the way when i was at the resort this past may i saw no cats or dogs at the resort don't know if its still the same ...

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varadero resort choice

The problem is that people feed the stray cats when they come out of the buffet so they congregate in the area, even though often there are signs 'do not feed the cats'. Blame it on the tourists.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
10,634 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varadero resort choice

Melia Marina, Blau Marina and Blau Privilege Libertad are far out on the peninsula and shouldn't have as many cats as closer in. Libertad is not known as a party place, for sure. This area has the most beach for the fewest people.

Didn't mention what time of year you're looking at. That may make a difference if not around Spring Break.

4. Re: Varadero resort choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:17