We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday in the Royal Service part of this hotel. If you have any questions you need answering, please ask and i will be happy to answer.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Hi hol28 - welcome back home, hope you had a great time, certainly sounds like it! :) We go there in May - first time to Cuba.

Just a couple of questions so far... does the swim-up bar in the main pool area get much sun did you notice? How was the food overall - for example, what did the buffet consist of at breakfast, dinner etc? And how strict are they were the dress codes?

Any help appreciated :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Hi hol28: I just posted this yesterday:

Do you have to book Royal Service to get the beautiful rooms in the brochure pictures or are the regular rooms (junior suites) look the same?

If we did book Royal Service are they adult only or could we also book a RS room for our teenager?

Do they have any connecting rooms?

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,267 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

As far as I know, the Royal Service area is not adults-only, unless the policy changed recently. Hopefully the OP will confirm soon, I'm curious about that too!

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

SuzHartlepool - I had a wonderful time, are you staying in the RS? The main pool in the Royal Service gets lots of sunshine during the day right up until about 5pm so no need to worry about that. You have two options for breakfast and lunch, you can either eat in the RS buffet restaurant, small selection of salami, cheeses, pastries, bread, fruit, yogurt and lots more. You will also be asked if you would like any eggs, you have a choice to have them scrambled, fried, poached etc When we were there the chef cooked them outside and brought it to your table. Or if you would prefer, you can take the golf cart from outside the lobby of the RS to the main part of the hotel and eat in the main buffet restaurant which is much larger and has more of a selection especially for lunch but its (a bit noisier). However, we usually just ate breakfast in the RS section. To be honest the food wasn't that fantastic, and i had read reviews before going explaining this. However, we didn't let it spoil out holiday and we always found something to munch on, you just have to bare in mind its Cuba and they have limited amount of food produce compared to the rest of the world. They weren't strict at all with the dress code when we were there, i wore sandals most nights but my bf wore shoes.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Gailleb - I saw a few young children and babies so its definitely not an adult only section, i didn't visit any of the other rooms so not sure about connecting rooms ( but I'm sure they exist) i would presume the junior suites are all similar. We had an ocean view room, i would definitely recommend it. Waking up to the ocean right in front of you every morning was beautiful. I'm sure it's fine to book a room for your teenager.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

HI, that's great, thanks for your reply. We haven't decided yet whether or not to go RS as I like the look of the main pool/beach area. RS does look lovely - was there a good relaxed vibe? I'm just not wanting anything too "stuffy" if you know what I mean! Apparently it's cheaper to upgrade once there so we are gonna wait til we get there and have a look round before we decide :) Glad you had fun and thanks for the info.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Gailleb - I was referring to RS rooms, i didn't physically see the rooms in the main part of the hotel, but from the photos people had posted i didn't like the look of them this is why i chose to book RS instead.

Brighton
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Its not stuffy at all, its just very relaxed and peaceful. However, there is more going on in the main part of the hotel e.g. music and bar life. Yes definitely decide when you get there, if you need any more advice just let me know.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

Sounds great, can't wait til May now :) Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradisus Varadero - Just returned, any questions please ask

What was the weather like. ? We leave on Friday and the forecast is a little ominous. ...