We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? Re Paradisius Varadero

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
? Re Paradisius Varadero

Actually a couple of questions

Do you have to book Royal Service to get the beautiful rooms in the brochure pictures or are the regular rooms (junior suites) look the same?

If we did book Royal Service are they adult only or could we also book a RS room for our teenager?

Do they have any connecting rooms?

Thanks for any info you can provide, and yes we've been to Cuba before!

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

Hi Gailieb, we haven't been but have booked this hotel for next May. From my research, the Royal Service rooms do look bigger and more comfortable with better bathrooms and outdoor showers. What we've decided to do is wait until we get there before we make the decision to upgrade. I'd like to compare once I've seen the difference with my own eyes, plus I think it's probably cheaper to upgrade once at the hotel. To be honest, I like the look of the main pool and main beach more than the RS pool/beach, and I certainly don't want a "butler" - that's why i'm going to hang on. Oh and I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they do allow kids in RS rooms.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

Thanks Suz !

Edmonton, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

suz, I'm not sure if it will be cheaper to upgrade once you arrive. Your airline is the one booking everything for you. This is how they're able to give you the better prices. Once you arrive and you want to upgrade, now you're dealing straight with the Hotel. I asked the concierge at the RS and she told me it's about $400 a night if you book through the hotel directly.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

Hi Stefan, $400 a night is a lot of money to me so if that's what they charge then no way will I be paying that! Thing is, in some of the reviews in the last month or so, many have mentioned receiving free RS upgrades once they arrived. Now I don't know about anyone else, but if I forked out for the upgrade then realised the couple in the room next door got one for free...well, lets just say I'd be ever so slightly cheesed off :) We're getting married there so I'm hoping they do offer us one, but having said that we were in Cyprus last year staying at a lovely big hotel, and they did offer us a free upgrade to their brand new all-singing all-dancing sister hotel next door. We declined as I preferred the atmosphere at the hotel we were already at.

I'm definitely going to wait til I get there and ask to have a look around the RS part. In some other reviews someone mentioned paying £3000 for the RS upgrade, whereas someone else said it cost them £40 per person per night. Oh and I saw your other post about the food. I'm not expecting anything gourmet as I appreciate that it's Cuba I'm going to - just as long as it's tasty. I'm not a picky eater by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly not the type of person to complain of a shortage of bacon(!)

Really looking forward to getting there now, the resort looks lovely :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

I always cringe when people complain about the food in Cuba. I haven't heard of anyone ever starving to death "because of the food". People don't realize Cubans haven't been off their island to visit North America or the British Isles to see what everyone eats, likes, and how it's prepared. That's the beauty of going to another country - to experience how they live, their culture, and their food.

When we were in Cuba a couple of years ago (our first trip) we loved the food, especially the Cuban specialties. Both hubby and I gained weight that trip and we so look forward to going back again real soon - we loved Cuba and the people !

Edited: 10 December 2013, 17:33
halifax
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

I've been to different parts of Cuba prob 10 times or more ...and NEVER have I lost a pound !! No one will starve in Cuba .:)

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

"The beauty of going to another country - to experience how they live, their culture, and their food..."

Exactly Gailieb! I like your thinking. If I wanted to scoff bacon butties and yorkshire puddings all week then I'd stay in bloody England...

:)

Edmonton, Canada
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

Suz,

You don't have to go ask to explore the resort, there aren't gates between the RS and the main area. If you want to see the rooms, I'm sure they would entertain it. Everyone was beyond approachable at the resort. I'm sure they will treat you very well since you're getting married there. Make sure to hit up the RS bar, and tell Jorge Stefan says Hi.

Gailieb hit it spot on! I looked at my photos and was kinda grossed out by what a belly I grew. Food was plentiful all throughout the day. Check all the restaurants out and make your own decision on which one you like, but I doubt you will be disappointed.

9. Re: ? Re Paradisius Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2014, 06:19