We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Would anyone who has been to this resort care to share their thoughts on it? The reviews look fair. Are the accommodations all in bungalows/apartment style buildings?

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

We also looked at this quite seriously. I have really only heard good things about it from the people that I personally know have been there. The only reason we did not consider this resort is that I was told there are many stairs involved to get anywhere. My bad knee would not have appreciated that type of assault for a week.

S

cocagne
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

the answer to your question is yes. i was there january 2011 and i was satisfied you can request ground floor accomodation. personally i prefer top floor

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Stayed there many years ago when it was the old Riu Turquesa. If I emember correctly they were actually both types. 2 storey units. As was mentioned you can request ground floor, we chose top. Its a smaller resort. 1 buffet, 2 al a cartes I believe. Kinda quiet. But the beach is on 1 of the best sections. May Atabill will pop n. He goes there a lot.

Cheers

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

I like small and quiet.We did the Tuxpan last year and this resort looks a little bit better for a lower price.....for now anyways.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

grapenut love your research on resorts. This is one that I would seriously consider, it has many repeaters. As suggested Atabill can contribute from his knowledge of this resort but there are many others, perhaps sending some of the reviewers a PM might help. The only issue for me would be location away from the village. Love the getting out and walking in mornings.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Yes...it is a bit further out but for us a couple trips to town in a 2 week vacay is enough. We tend to walk the beaches most of the day....and sit under a palapos and read and drink refreshments. We are a bit boring perhaps...boring and on a tight budget.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Any other comments? How about the buffet? I am not that concerned about variety as much as the quality maybe. Was the fish very good? When in Cuba we tend to eat a lot of fish and Chicken and pork. I like rice dishes as well as beans....I never expect Montanas Steak House. I even grab some Squash/Pumpkin when I see it. When in Rome....

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Right now this resort is $1635 out of Fredericton some weeks in march for 2 week stay...looking good to book perhaps. Depending on status of BIL's health. thanks all for any advice here....

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Hit and miss with the food, but mostly ok-good...Two years ago the food was very good, they have added a beach side buffet that is convientent when at the beach. We enjoyed this place..not a 4 star maybe a 3 -31/2.

Yes beds are hard and pillows flat..you can always ask for extra pillows as we do. Service has always been A-1 when we have visited this resort and are rooms always clean..

Edited: 17 January 2014, 13:02
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
395 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Be Live Turquesa ...

Hi, I organize group every year for the past 7 years and we always go to Be Live. Last year had 36 ppl in the group. Some had read the comments on line & thought ""oh no what are we in for, cause it was bad reports"". However when we got there every one in our group fell in love. In fact next NOV we have a larger group going again with a wedding. Every resort is to each own as long as you go open mind. It is not a royal 5 star in Canada--if there are any of those even. The food I found great, never went hungry. the group loved, Mexican night and the Italian restaurant on the resort.. staff and atmosphere is fantastic. The resort owners have been improving slowly. there are new pillows, new matresses going into the rooms, paining is being done, repairs to sidewalks etc. I hope you enjoy your stay there.

cheeeers.