We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tap water or bottled

Swift Current, SK
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tap water or bottled

Do u drink, brush teeth, with the tap water in Varadero?

halifax
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tap water or bottled

I wouldn t think so....bottled only if you swallow it .

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tap water or bottled

All the tap water at the resorts on Varadero is sanitized and filtered. But the bottled water tastes better to me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tap water or bottled

You can brush your teeth using tap water. You should not drink or swallow tap water anywhere. You will get sick. The hotel has bottled water in your room. Drinking water in the hotel restaurants is fine as they have it purified.

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tap water or bottled

Actually most of the resorts have their own water purification system in place. The flora in the water is different to what we are used to so by drinking it, you MAY experience a bit of an illness, but not because the water is "bad" - it's just because our systems aren't used to it. Stick to drinking bottled water (for quantity) but brushing teeth, those few drops that you might ingest when you are showering, and ice cubes for the most part are perfectly fine.

S

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
8,752 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tap water or bottled

Agreed! That's double filtered!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,092 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tap water or bottled

I always brush with the tap water..,I've even drank it when I've run out of bottled water before I could get a refill, never have had a problem with it in in over 6 months total time in Varadero.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tap water or bottled

I brush my teeth, rinse out my drinking glasses and even drink it if I am out of bottled water with no problems. I keep hearing how resort water is purified, but Cuba being Cuba I would really like to see one of these purification/filter setups!! Being a plumber by trade it would just interest me to what they are in fact doing, I doubt the are reverse osmosis filtering the water or UV'ing it.......and I don't recall smelling chlorine in the "filtered" water from the bar. Heading down in less than 3 weeks, that is this trips goal, make it to the resorts mechanical room! :)

halifax
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tap water or bottled

LMAO.......hear that brother ..I also am a plumber and don't drink it !! you'll get your fill brushing and ice in your drinks!! Good luck finding that mechanical room :P

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tap water or bottled

Bottled all the way! I have a pretty good stomach, but my husband is pretty sensitive so we usually even brush our teeth with bottled. It's just not worth it to me to chance being sick on my once yearly vacation :)

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tap water or bottled

For...all the hassle it is to brush with bottled water VS the chance you might get gastro distress using tap water.... I chose the former usually.