We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two twin beds or One King

BC
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Two twin beds or One King

What happens when the hotel says you can have three or four in a room?

THX

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two twin beds or One King

How many do you WANT in a room? If you only have two snuggly types, then a king bed. Two not so snuggly types (aka siblings) might prefer twins.

When we travel with our kids, we get a room and they get a room.

BC
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two twin beds or One King

It will be my husband and four kids traveling so even though it says we can have three or four in a room does that mean we will likely need three rooms?

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two twin beds or One King

The first question will be how old are your kids because "kids" nowadays are booked as adults. I am traveling this year with two kids - ages 15 and 13, but according to the resort chosen, they are adults. Many resorts only allow 3 adults max to one room, so you might want to think about this when it comes time for resort selection or room selection and choose a resort that has family suites.

S

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two twin beds or One King

The "standard" Cuban "king size bed" are 2 full sized beds pushed together - so easily solved there. They will bring in another bed (single) to the same room if there are three in a room that require seperate beds.

I've traveled a fair bit with my teens, so if you have any questions, please feel free.

S

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two twin beds or One King

Wicktrimmer is correct: it depends on the ages of your kids. No way, no how could I book four people into a room in Mexico--two adults and two "kids". My kids were 11 and 13 at the time (I think) and it was actually a pain in the bum to book, as they were too young to book into their own room on their own, but too old to go in ours. I finally had to do one adult and one kid in each room, thus paying MORE because it was treated as a single adult...that was Mexico though, and I booked online. You *may* have better luck dealing with a travel agent in this instance.

Depending how much privacy you want, you could probably get away with 3 in each room. 4 might be a bit crowded, depending on their ages/sizes/how much bathroom time they need.

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two twin beds or One King

What happened to us this time around is:

My 15 year old is considered (by booking standards) as an adult. We are permitted to have 3 adults in our room, but thats the max capacity...so, what were we going to do with her 13 year old BFF that is traveling with us?

We were required to book 2 rooms. One for me and Mr. Wick and the other for my "adult" child and her BFF, who now has to pay an adult fare because she is sharing a room with only one "adult".

Booking via an agent will give her/him the opportunity to "place" bookings in order to give you more bang for your buck. Of course, however you choose to place your children when you arrive will be up to you. No one does a bed check at night.

If you consider posting the ages of your kids, I might be able to suggest a decent configuration for you.

S

BC
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two twin beds or One King

My kids are all "adults" (ages 21 to 13) but no one wants to sleep together unless they have to but if it I likeley a king (as two doubles) and a twin we will be ok as we'll just take one into our room I was just invisioning just one North America king and that was it. It would have been nice having our own room but if it is a family holiday so I'll suffer 😉.

Thanks!

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two twin beds or One King

I'd advise you to look up the hotel you're thinking of and look at travellers' photos. You can limit it to room/suites. That way you can have a definite idea of what you're dealing with, as it will vary between hotels. When we stayed at Breezes Varadero, we did have one big bed=king. When I look at photos of the hotel I'm going to this time, it's beds shoved together.

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,895 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two twin beds or One King

Depending on the resort you choose, your 13 year old might score the child rate.

If you're looking at two rooms, I am sure that perhaps for "one night" (*wink wink nudge nudge*) your kids would all be able to stay in one room and leave the other for hubby and yourself :).

S

BC
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two twin beds or One King

lol Mrs. Wick!