We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Rouge

Ottawa Ontario...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Air Canada Rouge

Anyone fly with Air Canada Rouge

I'll flying with Air Canada Rouge leaving from Montreal March 7th, I normally pick my seats when when checking in 24 hrs before the flight with Air Canada, since this is a charter will it be the same?

Any tips about Air Canada Rouge? I will be arriving 3 hrs before to the airport as with past experience the security line ups can be long.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Air Canada Rouge is pretty bad. I used to always look to Air Canada Vacations first as I loved the flight times, the planes, the upgrade options etc. But now I wouldnt book anything with AC that includes rouge!!

If you wait till 24 hrs before, i highly doubt you will be able to get seats together on the plane as they are always full.

These flights are often delayed I find since they brought in Rouge, flight attendants are very young and inexperienced and you get zero perks on these flights at all.

Good luck. Will be interesting to see how Rouge compares to your other experiences with Air Canada flying south, if you have used them before.

Oh yeah..and they said these would make Air Canada more competitive. I have seen no price drops since Rouge. You pay the same as always, you just get less!

Toronto
Level Contributor
935 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Rouge

www.aircanada.com/rouge/en/index.html lists all the info you need... but to paraphrase...

- You can pre-book you seats for a fee (before the 24 hour mark). Or wait, until check-in to see what's available for free.

- There are no TV's on board.

- No wifi access.

- $10 to rent an Ipad on board that has TV shows and movies on it.

- You can bring your own apple based device to watch the TV shows and movies for free. They're currently working on android and windows devices, not sure if it's up and running yet.

- If you bring your own device, You MUST download their APP BEFORE getting on the plane. There is no wifi on the plane so won't be able to download the app that is needed to watch their TV/Movies once on board.

I am flying to Greece with Rouge in June.

Western Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Rouge

A friend of mine recently flew across the country with Air Canada Rouge. She did not mind the service on board but commented on the narrow space between seat rows (quite uncomfortable for those with long legs). Also, there are no TV screens on board; instead, the Wifi service allows to stream movies / tv shows, etc. onto personal laptops, iPads, iPods... so for those who travel without these devices and reading material, it can make for a long flight.

Ottawa Ontario...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Thank you both.

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Rouge

if you are not over weight you will need to still lose weight to be comfortable in thier seats.. rouge is my airline of very very last resorts. If you are with someone that is taller than 5 foot seperate from them and sit someplace else as you will not want to listen to them complain about how small the seats are , no leg room .. Sorry it is really the plane of last resort

Ottawa Ontario...
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada Rouge

I am already booked, Im 5'4 and my son is 5'7, it should just be a 3.45 hr plane ride. Im not to worried I will have my happy face all the way there thinking of the hot days, the awesome beach the drinks ahhhhhh can't wait to ne there lol thank you everyone for your comments and advice

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Hi,

Air Canada Rouge was created to compete with Air Transat Club Class......at least when flying to Europe.....but I do believe they are more expensive and no where close to Club Class.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada Rouge

NOT even close to Air Transat or their Club Class. I flew Air Canda Rouge Premium plus, and the seats are the same size as every other seat on their plane(airbus 319 I beleive). Only difference is there is a seat between you and the other person..lol

They don't compete with price, service, comfort or any other features.

It will take you one experience to see just how poor it is.

I always try to make the best of the flights as it is vacation, but when they advertise themselves as something and are blatantly not, I have an issue with it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
935 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada Rouge

"I flew Air Canda Rouge Premium plus, and the seats are the same size as every other seat on their plane(airbus 319 I beleive). Only difference is there is a seat between you and the other person..lol"

The Air Canada Rouge planes have a different configuration for flight to Europe and do not have "a seat in between".

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Canada Rouge

Yes, some of their planes are the 767, which have the 2x2 configuration. Just like the Air Canada planes or when you flew south with Air Canada and paid to upgrade to Executive Class.

So perhaps for their flights to Europe, they use the 767. Although they only have 2-3 of those in their fleet so I would defn be double chekcing.

For almost ALL of thier flights in North America and the Caribbean you will be on the 319 which is what I was on.