We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccines and Malaria Pills

BC
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccines and Malaria Pills

Hello,

Do we need any vaccations or malaria pills?

Thx

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

I got hep a and hep b shots before I went...twinrix...I think it's called....

I was advised when there to only drink bottled water...and I even brushed my teeth with bottled water...never had any issues...if off the resort...be careful of ice cubes...have fun...

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

Your doctor is best to advise you, but no, there are no vaccinations required for Cuba and malaria prophylaxis is not necessary.

Having said that, I think being vaccinated for Hep A and B are good vaccinations to have, for both travel and day-to-day home life.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

There is no malaria in Cuba.As for water,The ice used for drinks is perfectly safe as it is made from purified water.It is not recommended that you drink the water from the taps,but it's OK to brush your teeth with it.

Here is an exert about vaccinations from Cuba..what you need to know.

Vaccinations

There are no compulsory vaccinations required for Cuba travel; however, the following vac’s are advisable as a sensible precautionary measure – and may be required to satisfy your Travel Insurance Policy. You will need these vac’s at least 2 weeks prior to travel but preferably at least 2 months prior. These vac’s are available from your GP Surgery/Travel Clinic.It would be both sensible and advisable to have these ‘basic’ vaccinations no matter where your holidays may take you.

Ian.

BC
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

Thanks guys I will check with our doctor, we usually do before we go but just wanted to confirm here because in the past sometimes our doctor has to double check. We have our heb A and B already so that isn't a problem! Glad to hear no malaria pills those killed us when we went to the Dominican!

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

Tap water in the hotels is perfectly safe. The only issue is if your tummy can handle a different type of water than it is used to from home. Don't obsess over it or worry about ice cubes or washed lettuce, .

6. Re: Vaccines and Malaria Pills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 06:19