We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which international code for calling cuba from canada?

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which international code for calling cuba from canada?

I am trying to leave our phone number at home for our kids to call us and keep finding 2 different international calling codes to use. I thought it was 011(international code)-53(for Cuba)-45(for Varadero) and then add the resort phone number. But last night I was reading somewhere that you dial 119 for cuba, not 011. Can anyone please help. I don't want my kids not to be able to reach us if there is an emergency.YIKES!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
96,793 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which international code for calling cuba from canada?

They will need to dial 011-53-45 then the resort number as you originally thought.

If you were to call them from Cuba it's 119 - 1 - Area Code - Land Phone Number

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which international code for calling cuba from canada?

Oh thanks so much. I was paranoid I was leaving the wrong number behind and didn't like the idea of them not being able to reach us in case of emergency or just to check-in that the house is still standing!!!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,032 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which international code for calling cuba from canada?

Jay, 011 is what you dial from Canada to make any international phone calls. It let you "get out" of Canada if you want. 53 is the Code for Cuba.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,230 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which international code for calling cuba from canada?

"I was paranoid I was leaving the wrong number behind"

Well, the "cheap & dirty" way to check it out is just to call the hotel. (well, maybe "cheap" isn't the right word, but if you make a short call it'll only be a couple of bucks and you will know it works! Hotel phone numbers have been known to be wrong.)

5. Re: which international code for calling cuba from canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2015, 06:19