We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

BC
Level Contributor
432 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

Is there anything that is to die for and not to be missed activities? We will be on Havana for three nights I believe and traveling at Christmas time (ages 43, 41,20,16 and 13). When we have been away we liked doing the dune buggy tours. We have done dolphins swims and the like and were not crazy about that. My husband has a bad shoulder and so we can not snorkel. My middle daughter is petrified of most land animals but especially horses.

Thx

z z
Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

If you like buggys, in Varadero you have "Jeepsafary" excursion!

"is there anything that is to die for and not to be missed activities"

mmm... I can tell you that "Cayo Largo" excursion and "Three Citys" are most wanted in Varadero. Cayo Largo is one most beautiful beach from cuba, it include catamaran, animation party and more. You will take a airplane to go to Cayo largo.

"Three City" is a tour in bus where you will now 3 great citys: Santa Clara, Trinidad and Cienfuegos.

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

Jeep Tour is a must!

Port Coquitlam
Level Contributor
359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

I always vote for the catamaran tour :) Take the one without the dolphins... it's cheaper and no captive friends! And although snorkelling is an option, dad can stay on board and drink :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

^^Endorable, is that one for sure still available?I haven't seen it ANYWHERE, yet I did it a couple of years ago. I loved it, especially since we beat the dolphin boats to Cayo Blanco. ;o) How much does it run nowadays? I can't remember what we paid.

Iroquois Falls
Level Contributor
95 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

Warning.....Jeep Safari is neither a Jeep, nor a Safari! They put 4 of you in a Suzuki Sidekick esk type of vehicle and away you go....down roads, not trails. You go thru Matanzas (AMAZING panoramic views) and over an amazing bridge. You will enjoy a river cruise (where they will peddle Lobster...inexpensive and well prepared), enjoy some snorkelling, visit the cenotes to see the stalagmites and stalactites (is that the right word?) as well as have the chance to do some swimming and enjoy some good lunch! I dont recall if the rum 'factory' AKA store was also involved or not? All and all a great day, but again, no jeep, and no safari LOL

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions

They will also only allow 4 of you per vehicle - so one of you will have to be driving with someone else.

Just something to think about.

S

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
384 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions

is this the one that goes to the part of the island thats has the hystorical monuments

NB
Level Contributor
20 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions

Visit the Blue Hole!!

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions

Unless I was really, really, REALLY intoxicated when I was on Ambergris Caye, The Blue Hole is in Belize. That's a helluva swim.

S

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions

Oh cool! Just googled it. There is one in Cuba too! 'Magine!

S