We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Kawama Dress code and rooms options

I searched but can't seem to find an answer, We are planning a trip to a 3 star resort and Kawama is on our list. When eating in an a la carte there do men have to wear long pants or would nice walking shorts and leather sandals be ok.

Also if we book a superior room here would that put us on or close to the Beach. When checking room options it doesn't give Ocean View as an option. Does anyone have a room number to get us almost or even ON the sand?

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,219 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Can't help you with the room question, as I have no idea of the layout, but as to the dress code for a la cartes...Sunwing's site says "casual dress".

Am I silly enough to presume there are actually non-smoking rooms at Kawama??

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

When you book for the a la carte, men are advised it is for long pants only. Mr Sax brings a pair of light weight dress pants and a few different golf shirts to switch up. He wears them back on the way home. Would he pack these if he was travelling solo, probably not! :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Perfect thank you.. I guess better safe than sorry to pack a pair.

saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Kawama is a very relaxed place. I always wear long pants to the a la carte . I am not sure of the their policy. Myself I would prefer not to see someone wearing shorts to a nice evening dinner. As for superior room contact Leida or Elimay at the public relations department. rpublica@kawama.gca.tur.cu . They could answer your questions about long pants and superior rooms.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

''Would he pack long pants if he was travelling solo, probably not! ''

at least if he's solo in shorts and flip-flops, you can rest assured no one else will steal him

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

They prefer long pants and close-toed shoes for men BUT hubby has worn long pants and his Rider Jersey (it was Grey Cup Sunday and the Saskatchewan Roughriders were playing!) and sandals. Most men I've seen at the a la cartes have worn long pants, golf-style polo shirts and sandals with no problems. I have even seen someone wearing bright blue/white striped shirt AND blue/white plaid shorts to the Gran Canal buffet...I was totally shocked because I know for a fact his ticket had 'long pants/collared shirt' written on it by Leida ... I was standing behind him in the reservation line and heard Leida tell him and saw her write it on his ticket....<le sigh>.

He must have felt very out of place because all the other men in the restaurant were wearing long pants/golf shirts....stuck out like a sore thumb, he did!

As far as non-smoking rooms, Desmei - I always take either a smelly candle or a gel-air freshener along and just set out in the room. Takes care of any residual smoke-smell and that musty smell that some rooms get if they have been closed and not aired for a while.

Denise

Edited: 07 March 2014, 20:07
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
214 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Pants, golf shirt and sandals (nice leather) are a good compromise to having closed toe shoes.

Thank you again

Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Does anyone know if Kawama rooms have hair dryers?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3,955 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

They have in every room that I have been to at Kawama.,and if it's not working, tell your housekeeper, instead of the front desk, usually get better/faster results that way.

When are you going ?

Edited: 08 March 2014, 01:16
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Kawama Dress code and rooms options

Leaving in 24 hours!