We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Las Americas

Ontario
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Las Americas

Hi,

Is it worth upgrading to the bungalow suite at Melia Las Americas? Are they newer or older and are they better situated?

Mentioned in this post
Melia Las Americas
Melia Las Americas
5,845 Reviews
Cuba
Toronto
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Las Americas

My wife and I have stayed in the two-floor bungalows each of our 3 visits to Las Americas. I don't think they are any newer or older than any other part of the resort. You will have a balcony, but the ocean view is obscured in most (if that matters to you). The bungalows offer more privacy, quiet and a lot more space than most of the hotel rooms (unless you book one of the special rooms) and the pool area is less busy than the main pool. We prefer the higher cost bungalows for these reasons. Although I still hang out at the bar by the main pool and grill as that is where Raoul works. He's an awesome bartender! ;-)

If you stay in the far east wing of bungalows, you are steps from the "quieter" area of the beach, by which I mean the area that is not adjacent to the main pool, the small music stage, activities, volleyball nets, and such. Although the entire beach is cordoned off by the Varadero Golf Club bluffs in the west and the Melia Varadero hotel in the east, so it is generally quiet at all times and free of vendors. :-)

Edited: 07 April 2014, 16:47
Mentioned in this post
Varadero Golf Club
Varadero Golf Club
696 Reviews
Cuba
Melia Varadero
Melia Varadero
5,601 Reviews
Cuba
Ontario
Level Contributor
161 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Las Americas

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Alberta
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Las Americas

We stayed there in a Bungalow last year in August. The rest of our family stayed in the main building. Both are nice. We liked the bungalow because it was quiet in the evening. We sat outside on our little deck and enjoyed our wine every night before dinner. There is a quieter pool with a swim up bar by the bungalow rooms.

Your main floor is your living room and kitchen. The upstairs is your bedroom. It isnt anything fancy but its clean and private. I loved the bungalow!

You will like either choice you make as the Melia Las Americas is an amazing resort!

Enjoy!

We leave for Cuba on Sunday but we are at a different resort. You wont be disappointed either way on your room! Have a great trip!

Mentioned in this post
Melia Las Americas
Melia Las Americas
5,845 Reviews
Cuba
Ontario's...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Las Americas

What is the dress code for men /lunch & breakfast/?

Toronto
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Las Americas

Breakfast and lunch at the buffet is casual: sandals, t-shirt and shorts are fine.

Alberta
Level Contributor
37 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Las Americas

When we were there in August, my husband was asked to change into pants for dinner. Dress shorts were not permitted. I would take casual pants just in case!

kent
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Las Americas

Hi can anyone tell me how much it might cost to upgrade from a standard room to a bungalow. We are booked to stay at the Melia in September and are unble to upgrade through our travel agent. I've tried looking for an email address for the hotel with out success. many thanks Elaine

8. Re: Melia Las Americas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2015, 05:15