We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Hi all,

Leaving soon to the ILA and this will be our first trip there/Cuba. Any tips? What shouldn't I miss on the resort, food drinks etc... what cant I forget to bring? Any tips on bringing back rum (ie do I have to check it, or is there a way to bring it on board from duty free as we wont have much in terms of luggage. sorry if that is a big newbie question)

Kind of freaking out about the weather forecast but still a bit far out right? I am hoping it doesn't rain our whole trip I need some serious SUN!!

Thank you all in advance!

R S
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Have your morning coffee at the beach restaurant, ice cream in the afternoon at the ice cream stand, dance lessons in the afternoon around the pool. Take the double decker bus that stops just outside the front entrance to town - costs $5 cuc for a day pass to hop on and off. Any rum you buy has to be checked with your bags if you buy it before you hit the airport - can't be in carryon - or you can buy it once you are past security in the airport. I found prices to be somewhat comparable to the town - shop around and always, always count your change and be sure you have added up your purchases in your head so you know you have been charged properly. The grocery store in the Plaza las Americas trys to scam me everytime I go there by either adding an extra item or just running a subtotal on the person before me and then adding it to my purchases. Enjoy your stay - its a beautiful resort!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Hi JennyB

My wife found a gorgeous drink from other holidayer s. Ice Cappuccino.

Basically a cold coffee with rum.

recommended

And the weather if it rains it will be heavy and short then back to relaxing

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

When are you flying out? We leave for ila May 9th!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Thank you all for your responses for some reason I didn't get the alerts to them! We fly out tomorrow am! so excited and a little nervous about the airports (and flying lol) but CAN NOT WAIT!!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
208 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

Go to the VIP Lounge on the way home - well worth the 30cuc per person. Get it from your tour rep at the hotel. Enjoy your trip!

6. Re: ILA for a quick 10th Aniversary trip next week Tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16