We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westjet??? yes or no?

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Westjet??? yes or no?

Looking into booking our 30th anniversary trip to Varadero for Oct 3rd. We have only travelled Transat Holidays to the DR so far but looks like Westjet beats the prices nicely. Either way we have to change flights from NS to Toronto or Montreal and then to Varadero that time of year. My question is... what's it like travelling Westjet vs Transat?? Are the savings worth it?

On the Transat page.. my cost is higher plus I only then have to add in the cost to get from Halifax to Montreal or Toronto. Westjet includes the cost of all flights and is cheaper.

Does Westjet provide airport/ hotel transfers and other things Transat did/does?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

Does Westjet provide airport/ hotel transfers and other things Transat did/does?

Yes they do as you will get the same as with Transat .

We also have used Wesjet before because of the lower price and no complains from my part about them .

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

I'm travelling westjet next weekend to Cuba . The differences so far that I have noticed are no meal, you can preorder sandwhiches, pay movies. Transfers are the same. No club class.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 23:01
Haliburton Canada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

I agree 100% with gat0. Have a great trip

Calgary
Level Contributor
85 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

Free inflight movies on any westjet flight I have ever taken to the Caribbean. Usually a choice of 4.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

can you do seat selection when you book the flight to Varadero? I see some flights you can.. some you can't? I love to do that when booking...

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

You guys are great.. this is why I love Tripadvisor forums! Thanks!

montreal
Level Contributor
10,516 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

When i used them they did not have the seat selection and last time was in 2012 but don't know if things are still the same ...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

Our flight on Saturday we can 24 hours in advance both book seats and checkin.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
255 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

We travelled West Jet last Christmas to Varadero from Halifax. We also had a connecting flight in Toronto. Not too bad on way there, as you don't have to claim your luggage . It goes directly to Varadero. On the way back it got a little hairy claiming luggage and rushing through customs and then checking your luggage back in . West Jet wasn't very organized and told us we missed our connecting flight but we hadn't. They even announced it on our flight as we landed in Toronto. All worked out fine and we are going West Jet again to Varadero for Christmas. Just have to stress at Christmas about snow delays for connecting flight , for flight there , I don't care on way back.No direct flights south from Halifax that time of year. You should be fine weather wise, in Oct. Have fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
887 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Westjet??? yes or no?

I booked Westjet in March and leaving this Friday for Varadero. As soon as I booked online I called their 1-800 number and pre-booked my seats. You have to do it by phone with Westjet Vacations for advance pre-booking.