We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

London, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Hey, I have posted on here before we are 4 students (19 & 20) who were planning to go to Barcelo Solymar, now they are saying we have to be 21, they might make an exception but I need a back up plan? Were looking for somewhere that's a fairly good party location if that helps any? I would go to Sol Sirenas Coral but I heard its under reno! We are leaving at the end of May so need help ASAP

Thanks in advance :)

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

" ... now they are saying we have to be 21 ... "

Who is the "they" that are saying that you have to be 21 - the tour operator?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Oh man it is a long story.....it is through itravel2000 which this trip is air canada vacations.....we have heard about 21 before, so we emailed and called directly to the resort and they said 18, and we specifically told them the date and ages (i guess it is in may and june) seemed weird but anyways......we went to book it last night and the travel agent got a kickback message from air canada saying we cannot go because we need to be 21? but the resort told us 18, but air canada wont send us there because of that

this post is on air canada vacations about barcelo solymar...and is totally contradicting

For Your Information

No student groups allowed from December 22, 2013 to March 31, 2014.

The hotel will not accept any students under the age of 21 years during the month of May & June 2013 or May & June 2014, without a consenting adult (25 years and older) or parent travelling with the student

Student groups under the age of 21 years old are allowed from November 01, 2013 to December 21, 2013 & April 01, 2014 to October 31, 2014 as well as for summer 2013

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,524 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

It is Air Canada Vacations that have the rule. Have you asked another tour operator? Transat has a departure from Toronto on May 23 ...

London, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Thanks! ill look into that they said it should go thru and make and exception for us I guess, should know by friday!

Selkirk, Ontario
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

If you haven't booked anything yet I'd dump Air Canada and go with Air Transat.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Personally I wouldn't really consider 4 of you a "student group" but okay.

Selkirk, Ontario
Level Contributor
491 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

BTW I find tripcentral.ca a better search engine for best price. I did a comparison today for my next trip to Cuba. Tripcentral had a better/lower price. Lo and behold the airlines was Air Transat..

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Four 18 year olds would sound like a "group" at 3:30 in the morning.

I agree, Tripcentral's a GREAT site for price watching, and even to book through. Two thumbs up.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Go to Sol Sirenas. Going there with a bunch of ppl aged 20, 25, 30,31, 35, 37. Guys and girls. On May 25th...Who cares bout the renovations. Still a great time. Party time.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Not sure where to go help?! Young Students

Was at the Sol Sirenas in March. Huge disappointment! I'm going to Villa Cuba in 2 weeks. Try there. Great location and they have renovated rooms. And fly with with Air transit. Much better than Air Canada anyways!