We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which Hotel?

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
which Hotel?

Planning a trip to Varadero, we are 2 single guys and looking for a resort that isn't too filled with families and kids. I understand the Barcelo Solimar is the party central , although I am looking for a singles resort but not really looking for younger people party place. I hope you can recommend a resort. thank you .

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
209 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which Hotel?

Check out Blau Cayo Libertad.

Milton
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which Hotel?

Duffy, I read several reviews of the resort. Everyone seems to love the place, excellent reviews. But I also noticed that it appears, again from the reviews I read, that its better for couples and an older crowd. Could just be that I didn't read enough reviews to get a more accurate impression, but that's the sense I got.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which Hotel?

Fadi - Just returned from the Solymar - I will be writing a review shortly. I'm in my mid thirties, the crowd while I was there was in the 18-25 range, and it resembled spring break, depedning on your age, this is likely not your best option. A good option could be the Arenas Blancas. We spent our days there, yes, it's calmer, but you can walk over to the Solymar if you want a little more lively atmosphere. (You have access to both hotels when you reserve either of them) They are very close to downtown, couple of mins by foot, so we spent our evenings in town, which was perfect.

Some other options to consider would be the Laguna Azul and the Bella Costa. In general avoid the higher end resorts (including the Cayo Libertad) - They have great accomodations but generally attract older crowds and couples.

You can also look at the Blau Varadero - we spent two weeks there last year (4 guys, mid thirties) and had a great time, but crowdwise, we noticed a big difference over the two weeks (lively, younger the first week, older, couples the second), so it's kind of hit and miss from that standpoint . (The hotel itself is great)

4. Re: which Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Varadero