We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction at Hotel Internacional

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Construction at Hotel Internacional

Just wondering how things are going with the construction at the Hotel Internacional. We are headed back in November and are wondering how much it has progressed and is it getting disruptive yet? Cheers!

K L
Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

Hi Island Girl,

Last October we stayed at the Cuatro Palmas but had coffee with Miguelito (the new Manager) at the Internacional. John was there after us and again in May. Miguelito told us the hotel was closing in January 2015 but who knows. Apparently Ernesto is no longer there, Johnny knows more. We'll be in Cuba, at Cuatro Palmas from (hopefully) Oct. 29 - December 2. We'll be taking a 10 day bike ride in the middle. Hope all is well.

KL

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

Thanks KL. We were there in March and it was still pretty good...not too noisy. How do you like Quatro Palmas?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

I was there in April, nothing going on at all. Big flat area, some tractors parked. They did some work in the evenings from what I could see.

Supposed to be open in 2017 I believe the sign said.

It didnt interupt anything at the resort during my stay. I would defn like to get back there before it closes. Always good pricing, great beach and close to so much there.

K L
Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

Island Girl, I'll PM you.

Monctonguy, glad you had fun. We spent many years at the Internacional (first time in 1994). Since our normal "cast of characters" weren't going to be at the Internacional while we were there we decided that we would try somewhere else as we knew that we would have to eventually.

Hopefully Johnny will see this and comment since he was there in May.

KL

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
2,970 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

Hi Island Girl .

Missed you two this spring , we went later in May .

All is the same at the hotel , still haven't broken ground on the new one , but were just hauling in clay for the land base .

Was pretty well quite , construction wise .

Some jack hammering now and again bringing down the remaining Cabana del Sol villas and a few trucks hauling the shrapnel out now and again , but didn't really bother us .

We will be back in Nov . Hope to see you two .

Nobody can say when the real ( old ) Hotel Internacional will be closing , still a guessing game .

The sad day will eventually come I suppose but until them ...

Viva Hotel Internacional Varadero !!!!!!.

Johnny C

Milton
Level Contributor
344 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

What's the night life like at this hotel? Especially for someone who prefers not to venture off resort.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

There is no night life really per se. Of course, there is the huge disco there, and you get free cover as a guest of the resort, but have to pay for your drinks there. It's really busy on the Sun/Thur nights, not sure about the other nights. Always seemed like there was something going on there when I was there, but I only ventured in on the busy nights.

The bar at the hotel itself is small, not busy, no music. They have a little show in the evening on the patio area, bur remember, this is a very small resort(150rooms?) so never crowded or real busy.

This is defn a resort you would stay at with the plans of getting off the resort most nights for your entertainment base on my expereinces!

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

I love the smaller older resorts and this was on my list, I read being worked on as well as closing? Are they closing for good, or just closing to do some major renos? Or are they doing major reno's, closing for a bit then opening under a new name? Just Curious, it is on my list along with Quatro Palmas, and Club Tropical and Les Delphines! Hope to knock two off this year, will see how the last minute sales go along with how much side work I can do! :)

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

This will be demolished in the near future, so I would suggest you book this one first on your list! If your flying with Sunwing out of Halifax or Moncton, should be no problem to get a deal. I got it for $150 plus taxes for 4 day deal.

I enjoyed my time here. Very friendly, great location, great price and the beach(sand and ocean) was prob the best I have experienced in all my travels south.

I am defn getting back here this comming fall/winter for another stay before it's closed down.

Had a friend who stayed here as well as the Quatro and said that they enjoyed both equally.....

Edited: 09 July 2014, 13:32
10. Re: Construction at Hotel Internacional

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16