We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
486 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

Just wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase liquor in the departures lounge of the Varadero airport. If so can I bring this on the plane?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

Yes you can, they have a duty free there.

Some will say there are advantages to getting it at the airport vs. the resort.

I always buy mine at the resort or at shops. I find it cheaper that way and I prefer to pack it in my checked in luggae, but to each their own.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,840 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

It's fine to purchase it at the Duty Free if you want to, but it won't save you any money, as the shop prices are the same as in the Airport Duty Free. However if you are connecting to another flight you should buy it in Varadero and pack it into your checked in luggage.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
486 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

Tks guys! I will def purchase in Var as my flight home to hfx has a stop over in TO (all trips south from hfx have stopovers in TO or Montreal).

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,840 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

Very wise or else if in your hand luggage it would likely be confiscated in Toronto or Montreal.

5. Re: Purchasing liquor at Varadero airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 05:18