We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resort for Solos

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Best Resort for Solos

What resorts would you recommend best for solo people?

More less one that could offer to meet others and not have too many just couples and families? i am ok a mix of people though. this is for october

London, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resort for Solos

This resort is not in Varadero, you fly into Holguin then it's about 90 minutes by bus.I have visited Cuba solo for years and one of the best was Don Lino which I visited in March, there was a good mix of couples and singles. It's not a party hearty type of place but although the beach was a little rocky along the shore it's wide and beautiful great for sunning and shelling, there are lots of sun beds and no shortage of palapas it's close to a Cuban town to meet and mingle with locals and a very friendly staff.There's free tennis and horse back riding it's only 3 star so very inexpensive Check the reviews on trip advisor, the overwhelming majority are positive.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g910817-d151570-…

Edited: 28 July 2014, 23:55
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resort for Solos

I think there are 2 different types of solo travellers. There are those(such as myself) who travel solo and enjoy meeting other people and making friends on vacation. The other type is more of a recluse personality, who vacation to find solitude and escape the stresses of everyday life. Basically, they want to be left alone and not bothered. After reading some of the reviews of the don Lino I kinda get the impression this is more of a solitude type place. Now I don't mean to question richiehere, after all he has been there, but that's the impression I got after reading the solo reviews. I prefer as a solo traveller if there is a bit more of an active social life in the evening, as opposed to the resort turning into a ghost town after 10 pm. Just something to keep in mind.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resort for Solos

Breezes Varadero (adults only). Kawama? I don't recommend ROC Barlovento--not sure if it was just my timing, but the crowd was VERY unfriendly/unwelcoming to a solo traveler. As soon as I moved over to the Kawama beach, I had conversations struck up immediately.

I am sort of an in-between solo traveler, I think. I like to chat with people, meet up at meal times now and then, but basically be left alone!

4. Re: Best Resort for Solos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 November 2014, 01:40
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Resort for Solos

Resorts that cater to the 20 to 30 yr crowd may not be so hot for someone who is quite a bit older. 50 to 60 ish and up.

I think the OP's age is relevant for suggestions. Look for resorts that don't stick you with a single supplement. they definitely attract more singles.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 18:21
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Resort for Solos

Probably not the resort you had in mind but I was at the memories varadero from July 4th to 11 solo and met lots of solo travelers as well.

7. Re: Best Resort for Solos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:15