We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless sunbathing

St. Catharines...
13 posts
Save Topic
Topless sunbathing

Is this permitted at any hotel? I'm not looking to get up and walk around just when I am laying down sunbathing. Frowned upon or okay? I ask because I notice in fine print some hotels say it is permitted and other just don't mention it.

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless sunbathing

Cant help with varadero, BUT. was at Brisas Guardalavaca last year, and one of the girls asked the pool life guard. He checked , and she was told to use the end of the beach. Next day she was there and nothing was said. The following day, there were 3 girls there.

2 local cops walked down the beach and spent a good 30 mins talking to the girls chests and possibly 30 seconds talking to their faces. lol

They also had a "personal" barman, who decided to constantly "see if they wanted a drink?"

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless sunbathing

Kitten D:

It won't be a problem at any of the hotels in Varadero to the best of my knowledge.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless sunbathing

I agree with bellagio...have not seen any restrictions on Varadero beaches for topless sunbathing

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
509 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless sunbathing

There you go girl lol

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,644 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless sunbathing

Yes, just lying there topless, noone will say a word. Of course like anything, its eaiser to beg for forgiveness than ask permission. If you ask, I am sure alot of times they may say NO or send you to the end of the beach.

But I have never see than happen when someone is just lying there topless, but then again it's pretty rare to even see that in Varadero.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
832 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless sunbathing

Just remember that on the beach it won't be a problem; at the hotel pools, other guests may not 'welcome' it when you do. When your respect other people's privacy and take your own, you won't have any problem. Unpack and enjoy!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless sunbathing

The best place to do this is at the Bella Costa between Sept 7th and 14th. :)

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
3,679 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless sunbathing

LOL!! why is that Puritos.........let me guess. ...... hummmmmm .... that is when you are there .. huh ??

Johnny C

Edited: 21 August 2014, 17:48
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless sunbathing

Absolutely....:) :) :)

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
869 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless sunbathing

I find that it's okay on the beach, but around the pool area, it's not widely accepted.