We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet time

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
quiet time

when is the most peaceful time to go to varadero.what is its quietest and busiest month

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet time

I would imagine that March/April would be the busiest month due to March Break. I was there in Jan/Feb - was pretty busy aswell but my friend at reception told me it was nothing compared to March/April.

Mardi, loulou or loonylou should be able to help you better as they are there more than in their own countries lol! (lucky ducks!!)

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet time

The quitest times for the Carribbean are around May, November and early December. It is also about the cheapest to go and I never have any problems going at these times.

Going to Cuba end of Novermber and first week December, I never go peak times, lots of hassle and twice the price. I suppose if you have kids though It's more difficult.

uk
Level Contributor
728 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet time

Hi snooky

We are going the same time as you flying from Manchester with First Choice.

Have a great time - glad that is the quieter time as that is what we are going for - rest and recouperation!

Jan

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quiet time

Hiya

Thanks pina ...

There are several "quite times and I would agree with anooky on some of them.

Starting in Winter ... the last weeks in January, first in Feb

Then ... depending when reading weeks, spring/march break and easter are ... work around those.

May/June can be good but not too late in June as Universities and schools are out.

Some resorts can be quite in summer but the beach will be full of Locals on vacation.

September ... potential for hurricanes so ... Quite or very windy ...LOL

Early October and late November are quite and the first weeks in December.

One way to tell is to look at the rental car rates as they fluctuate with high and medium high periods.

Another way to tell is to watch travel websites ... the cheaper weeks are generally quite but then again ... thats why they have sales to try to fill the resorts.

I know ... a bit confusing and I'm sorry ... people tend to go when they can (high periods) and others when it's cheap.

Saludos

Mardi

5. Re: quiet time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:24