We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can't wait, and thanks!

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
I can't wait, and thanks!

Thanks to all for all the info I've received.

I think I've got it all down.

I fly out on Saturday, and hoping for a beautiful week weather wise.

I've made no prior plans: rent a car, excursions, etc...just play it by ear.

One question regarding phone cards...I plan on calling home on Thanksgiving....what is a typical amount to spend for a 5 or so minute call to the states....and are they easily available in Curacao....or should I buy one before I leave?

Another question regarding currancy.....where would I find a good exchange rate...at the airport, the resort, etc...?

Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

We just got back laast night. Phone cards are readily available at supermarkets. No need to change US $'s into guilders. US currency is accepted everywhere. At worst you may get change back in local currency.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
464 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

Hi mcamp,

You can just buy phone cards here in Curacao. Look for Tilin. they cost 10 guilders. With 10 guilders you can talk to the US for over 30 minutes if im not mistaken. 10 guilders is about $5

Enjoy your vacation in Curacao!

Francis

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

Just came back from Aruba about 10 hours ago, and the weather was terrific, mostly sunny with temps in the upper 80's with the always present breezes. You should have awesome weather- have a great trip !!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

JRN

Hope you write a trip report and post pictures somewhere. Gets me all pumped up.

mcamp,

Have a great trip and take notes and write a report. Lucky you. It's cold and wwwwiiiiiinnnnnddddyyyyy here in Illinois. Could use some tropical sunshine and a few rum drinks. ( ; )

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

I'm coming from Massachusetts, not much better here!

KVR
Odessa, Texas
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

Have a fun trip with safe travels. Can't wait for your report and pictures when you return. I'm in Texas and it's cold and windy here also. UGGH!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,704 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

Well, they are now predicting a big snow storm for next Friday. If it's going to be cold, then give me snow to make things look fresh.

mcamp,

Looks like you have about the same type of weather we do.

8. Re: I can't wait, and thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 22:17