We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insel airlines carry-on limit

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
969 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Insel airlines carry-on limit

Per their site, the limit is 56cmx18cmx10cm (22 in x 7 in x 3.93 in). That's pretty slim. Anyone know how closely they monitor this?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

We take on a regular basis something like 56x38x20. Sometimes a litlle bigger. Never was a problem and I see others carry on larger cases.

NC
Level Contributor
347 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

BungalowBill, i didn't see any of the Insel staff questioning any carryons...but you do know you can check a bag free...no charge! Take that USAirways, Delta and United!!

on the departing flight, i had my rather large purse, computer bag, and then I had another bag for purchases. not a problem. but I honestly didn't check the size limitations of carryons.

But, beware any liquids purchased in the airport...that's a big no no. departing from Curacao they search your carryon luggage for bottled water and soft drinks!!!

Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
668 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

Bill,

The size stated on the website is indeed a bit on the slim side. They will accept any normal roll-aboard as one would expect in the US thought, so no worries.

Gone with the wind, American Airlines, Delta United/Continental all allow one free checked bag as well though? Only US Airways charges for the first bag.

Edited: 11 July 2011, 13:11
NC
Level Contributor
347 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

Curakid,

thank you...that's correct. I was thinking Domestic Travel on other commreical airlines. Curacao is international flight. sorry.

NC
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

Insel has updated the dimensions on their site... 21.6" x 13.7" x 7.8"

Georgia
Level Contributor
379 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

We'll be flying in from Miami with luggage for a week, but leaving CUR after just 2 days to go to Aruba on a local airline. Will we be okay w /our super size suit case and typical carryons?

7. Re: Insel airlines carry-on limit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 19:19