We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

New Jersey
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

Hi All! I've checked Divi, DAE, Insel Air any that i missed? They are all pretty much the same price, i believe Divi is more of a charter plane. What is the safest bet from all 3? i'd prefer one that has various flights throughout the day just in case...

thanks!

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

Insel Air

Curacao
Level Contributor
472 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

Insel Air.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

thx both

Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

All three fly multiple flights a day, but Divi only flies during daylight hours, so their last flight is around 6 PM. Also, Divi flies 8-seaters, so they’re very small planes http://www.flydivi.com/divi_fleet.htm

Insel: Seems the most reliable, and has the best website; you can easily print an e-boarding pass. They’re also the largest.

DAE: I’ve had problems with their website, and had to play long-distance phone tag to fix problems in the past (they also never notified me earlier this year when Flamingo Airport closed their runways for repairs, resulting in my flight being cancelled).

Divi: The folks at Divi are very nice, and the flights are a bit more exciting :)

I think EZair also flies CUR-BON. Not sure about Tiara Air.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

Dammit! i'm having a hard time because all lines charge if I' m late...i know its out of their control but its out of mine also. Any history on American airines flight in from miam? usually on time or no?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

I land at 2:45 from the AA flight, shall I take Insel at 4:05pm? is that enough time to board Insel? If i miss this then i can take Insel at 7:30(better late than never!) OR I can book Divi for the 5:00 flight. They also have a 3:30 flight but i think its too close...any feed back on Curacao airports please? i have to do a lot clear customs, buy travelers visa, get luggage anything i missed?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,962 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

Usually on time. But according to me you have pass through immigration get your luggage and clear customs. After this you have to check in for your next flight. 1 hr 15 min seems very short to me. Especially if your plane gets in with another flight. Divi at 5 should be OK

New Jersey
Level Contributor
296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

thanks all i reserved with DIVI for 5pm. better safe than sorry, only negative is 18kg max for luggage. thats less than the 50lbs allowed by American airlines heading to Curacao.

any locals that can tell me the weather these past few days?

9. Re: Traveling from Curacao to Bonaire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Curacao