We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cura Kid 98

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Cura Kid 98

Can I assume you live in Curacao? If so,do you know anything about the pontoon bridge, I heard it was taken away for repairs. And Amstel brewery, are they having tours still. We'll be there in April. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Tour Dia
Sightseeing Tours
Rumba Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Rotterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
685 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cura Kid 98

Indeed, I do live in Curacao.

The pontoon bridge has been taken out of service for restorations and should be back in service in april.

Unfortunatly the Amstel brewery has been shut down and is being taken apart as we speak. May I suggest a tour of the Chobolobo mansion, the distilery of "Curacao Liquer"?

(at the end of the tour you get to try difefrent flavors of "Cuarcao liquer"

http://www.curacaoliqueur.com/

Enjoy your stay here in Curacao!

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,371 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cura Kid 98

Hello Curakid98, we toured the Chobolobo last April, it was alright. Is the Ostrich farm worth a visit?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cura Kid 98

Ostrich Farm is ok to visit, I would combine it with the Hato Caves or so.

I recommed to head west...visit the Christoffel park/ Mountain, Knip Beach, Porto Marie Beach, the Kura Hulanda Lodge at the Playa KAlki beach.

Up for a real adventure? visit Captain Goodlife at the Sta. Cruz beach for a great snorkel trip by boat and a great lunch afterwards at his cottage

Guided tours I recommend, an ATV tour or Jeep Safari, the Culinary walking tour, Dolphin Swim or Dive at the Sea Aquarium, Fishing Trip, The Bounty Sailing trip

Have questions? feel free to mail me at remco@explorecuracao.com

Warm regards

Remco

Mentioned in this post
Curacao Ostrich Farm
Curacao Ostrich Farm
662 Reviews
Curacao
Hato Caves
Hato Caves
1,346 Reviews
Curacao
Playa Kalki
Playa Kalki
302 Reviews
Curacao
Curacao Sea Aquarium
Curacao Sea Aquarium
1,321 Reviews
Curacao
Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cura Kid 98

I'd also recommend the Animal Encounters at Seaquarium. About $20 will get you a bucket of sardines and about an hour (nobody seemed to be timing us) swimming around feeding sharks, turtles and large fish.

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cura Kid 98

Oh no! The Amstel Brewery has closed?! That beer was excellent. It tasted nothing like the Amstel Light we get in the US. I always recommended to anyone not at an all-inclusive that they pick up a case of the local Amstel at the grocery store to keep in the fridge in their room. So sad! The locals said it was so good because it was brewed with the excellent local desalinated water.

Curacao
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cura Kid 98

THe AMstel Bright is still available , it is being imported from Holand now and I must say that the taste did not change a lot

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cura Kid 98

We really liked the plain little Amstels we had while in Curacao. We didn't try the "Amstel Bright". Do folks seem to like it just as well?

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Curacao
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cura Kid 98

It's totally different but GREAT on the beach...it is the Curacao version of the Corona Beer, you know with a piece of lemon in it?

Mentioned in this post
Curacao
Curacao
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Curacao