We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

Hello Everyone,

We are thinking of spending a week in Curacao (Lions Dive and Beach hotel) around 9th Dec. The area is called Seaquarium Beach if i am not mistaken.

I was wondering if this place is effected by tides. We had an unfortunate stay in Bali and couldn't swim in the sea for the duration of our stay. Any help would be welcome.

thanks,

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

No problem at all over here. The beach is in good condition was there last weekend. Enjoy your stay. The seaquarium beach is nice but by far not the nicest beach on the island. Be sure to explore the westside of the island where the best beaches are. Porto Marie, Cas Abou, Knip, Vaersenbaai, Playa Kalki etc etc.

By the way what is high tide :-)

Edited: 07 November 2011, 01:29
Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

:) around full moon, the sea level is a lot lower than normal so if you are in a pool like reef, the water level could go down to 20-30 cm which makes it impossible to swim. I learned of its existence recently, nasty stuff :)

Would you recommend a hotel on the west side?

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

I am just joking about the tide. The tide hardly impact us over here.

It all depends what you want. A rental car is highly recommended. If you stay on the westside you are min a 30/40 min drive from town. So people that want to eat dinner in town sometimes have some issues with this.

Lionsdive is a nice hotel on a nice location. Some restaurants nearby. Some nightlife. Kura Hulanda Lodge would be my pick on the west side. This is in westpunt at Playa Kalki. But there some other places too at Lagun

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

we definitely want to rent a car for a couple of days. Last question, do you have any recommendations for a nice restaurant for local cuisine?

thanks

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

I have never noticed any tide issues at the beach at the Lion's Dive. We stay across the way at the Royal Sea Aquarium. The two resorts share a Lagoon. I haven't noticed any major water level fluctuations. The lagoon area in front of the Lion's Dive is protected and very easy for swimming. Once you go out of the protected area...you are in the ocean and it can be very rough. But there is plenty of calm area for swimming.

6. Re: Seaquarium Beach effected by high tide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2012, 10:22