We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Blue Bay Village/Hotel in Curacao and how far is the walk to the beach from the rooms they call "The Hill", "Garden" and "Ocean". Also is this hotel it walking distance to any restaurants or markets?

Thanks, Helen

Willemstad, Curacao
Destination Expert
for Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

There is only one restaurant on the blue bay property. Other than that no restaurants nearby nothing within walking distance. A car is recommended to move around if you stay there. Centrum Supermarket is near about 4 min drive

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

Their website says how far from each section.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

Blue bay is a really nice place to stay,close to airport and Willemstad,but...you must rent a car to see beauty of Curacao.The Ocean apartments is literally on a beach(see my profile pic),while The Hill is short walk or drive to the beach.The Garden(on a golf course) is new development which isn't my taste and you would need a drive to the beach.Centrum supermarket 5 min drive from Blue Bay with NYC-like products plus european cheese,ice cream,etc.

Take snorkel staff,water shoes and enjoy Curacao as we all do.

4. Re: Blue Bay Village/Hotel...distance to beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2013, 10:21