We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

Which Curacao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

During our stay in Curacao last December we rented a car at a new company “Just Drive curacao Car Rental ‘’. This was the best service we ever had.

We contacted them via e-mail and ask for a quote for our travel dates, got a response within 24 hours.

We just had to send them our personal info and flight number and we were all set! No reservation cost, no hidden charges or nothing like that.

They don’t have an office at the airport, but they provide free drop off and pick up at the airport.

We got a Toyota Yaris which was nice, clean and alarm equipped. They also told us NEVER leave personal belongings in the car such as, bags, camera, and laptops this to prevent vandalism.

The representative was very friendly and responded all our questions!

There website is also very nice and organized:

http://justdrivecuracao.com/

Will use them again next time! Thumps up!

100 replies to this topic
Alphen aan den...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

Strange, I got the following response when I requested more information about the insurance:

"In case of an accident you are not responsible for the injuries on the party.

The insurance covers your car and the other party or property in case of an accident."

Could it be that the text on the website is about your personal insurance when something happens when you drive the car? For example: when someone drives into you and you get injured.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

I contacted them about this and they confirmed that all rental rates included liability and CDW. I have used them personally several times and they are a very reliable company with an excellent customer service.

Dear Marcelo,

Our insurance covers damage to your car and also the other car/property injuries involved.

All this is already included in our rates!

Insurance is mandatory, we do not rent cars without insurance.

Kind regards,

Just Drive Team

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

We rented two cars from Just Drive Curacao in January 2014 for 10 days. Upon our arrival at the airport we were greeted by their friendly staff and taken a short distance to the Just Drive office.

Both our cars were in great shape and worked flawlessly. Our rate included insurance and as luck would have it we needed it. One day while we were parked someone put a scrape and dent on the back fender of one of them. In the back of my mind I wondered if in the fine print I might not have read everything about the insurance. When we dropped of the cars we were told "we will take care of it" and they did. No charges to us.

The price we paid including the insurance coverage was a great value and next time we are back in Curacao we will be calling Just Drive.

J H
Amsterdam, The...
1 post
Save Reply
54. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

This is very important and I dont understand it totally. In Holland when you have a car the law tells you that you have to have an insurance to cover physical injury others get because of an accident made by you. This is attached to youre own car, it doenst pay when you hit someone with a rented car/otherones car.

Is it truly that you rent a car at Justdrive without an insurance when you hit somene wand the person get injured? youre sincrely only insured for the bunches in otherones car and the rented car?

(Youre own docterhelp will be covere by youre normal travelinsurance offcourse, chronicle handicaps youre getting yourself I dont now.)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

Rented from Justdrivecuracao.com and I'd agree with others here - one of the least hassle, best car rentals I've done in 25 years of renting vehicles in foreign countries. A couple of younger guys own/run this little company, they've got a handful of practical cars. We rented an economy car, they picked us up at the Airport with the car, took a 2 minute drive to their offsite office to do the paperwork, which took no time at all. We did pay with VISA, there is a surcharge for credit card use(4%) but my card has built in travel auto insurance so still practical. The owner then spent the next 7-10 minutes giving me the inside scoop about what to see, what not to bother to see, how to get there, where not to go with the car (north cliff roads) and where to get free parking downtown (Renaissance Hotel), even though he had another client waiting, he made sure he'd answered all my questions. Upon return, they met us at the airport and took the car from us at departures - seamless and streamlined system. The service was excellent, the car very practical and the price was right. I have no reservations in recommending them to others.

Well done guys, you'll grow.... just keep that small company service attitude and you'll do very well.

Washington DC...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

My wife and I highly recommend Just Drive Curacao. We visited in June 2014 and can confirm that a) they take credit cards and b) insurance is included.

Here's why you should book with them:

1) The island runs on relationships, and Edgar and his brother (Daniel I think) seem to know everybody.

2) They will hustle to help in case of car trouble (I was so exhausted upon arrival that I left our lights on overnight and killed our battery).

3) They have 24-hour service. We had an early flight and the big corporate rentals didn't open in time for us to return the car.

We actually ran out of time to return a piece of scuba equipment, and Edgar took care of it for us after we left. He didn't want to accept a tip, but we insisted since he was so helpful and cheerful.

Curacao is a special place--a small community and locals know each other. When we arrived, Edgar met us at the Airport. We told him where we were staying and he said "Ha--I just got off the phone with my friend there." Crazy. We'll book with Just Drive again next time we go (which we hope is soon).

Jeremy & Jessica Bates

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

jBates, good to know of your experience with Just Drive, can you let us know about your trip, did you enjoy Curacao?

Washington DC...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
58. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

sure thing -- i wrote up a review of our accommodations here:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Willington...
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

jBates, thank you for the review, the beautiful beaches are on the west end

Winston Salem...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental

We just rented from Just Drive and had a fabulous experience! Our flight was delayed by 6 hours and we arrived at 2am happy to see Edgar from Just Drive waiting for us. For 7 days we paid 400 bucks (included was GPS and a car seat, and full insurance). Best experience with a car rental I've ever had. He gave us a detailed map and pointed out several places to go.

Reply to: Just Drive Curacao Car Rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted